Campout <-> Emergency

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Campout <-> Emergency

Post by DjEep » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 pm

If I don't get into some woods soon, I'm gonna lose it, so I'm going to Makenzie pass to camp tonite. If anybody else in oregon has a wild hair to go camping, we'll be on one of the short forest roads between NF 220 and the snowgate on hwy 242 east. Probably not, but worth a shot!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:05 pm

Sounds awesome, wish the drive wasn't so long for us.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Wish I didn't have to work until 10 pm tonight, then back to work at 9 am tomorrow.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Spot we were hoping for was snowed in, so we tried to dig out, then plow through a snow bank left by the plows to get to another spot. Didn't dig enough though.... We spent the night teetering on the bank, hung up on the undercarriage. :blackeye:

Dug with a pointy stick for two hours last night and another two this morning before a couple o' Limeys drove by and stopped to help. With their help, we fashioned a platform outta the plywood we had, set the bilstein on it, jacked up one side, then the other, filling in the wheel ruts with rocks and debris. Then, with a hearty push from our friends from across the pond, we broke free. :cheers:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

glasseye
IAC Addict!

Post by glasseye » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 am

Sheez. And you do that for fun?
Hope you feel better now. :drunken:
"This war will pay for itself."
Paul Wolfowitz, speaking of Iraq.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 pm

Hell yeah! It's all about the "rush". Ya know, when the adrenaline starts to pump out of necessity, and your body exerts itself way more than is normal?

I got a hint of what was going on when, halfway through the second hour of non-stop digging and scraping and hacking, my legs started to wobble, even though I did not feel tired at all. Sure feel it now....

When I got home, I realized that my hands looked like a journeyman plumber's. They were dirty, covered in scrapes and bruises, and stuck between "slap" and "punch".

So who's comin' with next time? :king:

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:13 pm

I wish we could! Glad you got to have fun, snow or no snow!

Our travels are heading to OH and then East to Upstate NY for (I think) the last time, my SD's high school graduation. Don't have anything against it, but cities near airports instead of 5 hr drives away from them tend to be cheaper.
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra