Were you a Scout?

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Emily's Owner
Old School!

Post by Emily's Owner » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:01 pm

My son is a Bear (Cub Scout) right now and absolutely loves it. It was nice to be able to get him into a new den when we moved here to Pendleton from Oregon City as he'd pretty much been together with his original den there since he started (it killed him not to be able to join in Kindergarten, that was a long year for him). This group is run by a detective at the police department here - so we've already had some cool tours through the department and jail. I found my dad's old scout songbook from the mid 1940's, after reading through it I'll bet a lot of the unpolitically correct songs aren't sung around the campfires anymore ~ it's a hoot.
Margaret

Lead me not into temptation...... Oh hell, who are we kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 am

RSorak 71Westy wrote:I was thrown out of the cubscouts because my mom was too poor to buy a uniform.....
I was thrown out for eating a brownie..... (someone had to say it) :drunken:

Never was a scout but always had a passion for the outdoors. I spent many a summer vacation at my grandparents when they lived in Tahoe tromping around in the pines.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Ritter wrote:I spent many a summer vacation at my grandparents when they lived in Tahoe tromping around in the pines.
Whereabouts? My Grandparents had a house in King's Beach and I spent just about every summer there up till I moved out for College.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

Ritter
IAC Addict!

Post by Ritter » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:39 am

LiveonJG wrote:
Ritter wrote:I spent many a summer vacation at my grandparents when they lived in Tahoe tromping around in the pines.
Whereabouts? My Grandparents had a house in King's Beach and I spent just about every summer there up till I moved out for College.

-John
Cedar Flat. We'd do miniature golf in King's Beach/Tahoe Vista when all us cousins managed to behave. Most of my time up there was before high school when the grandparents finally got sick of shoveling snow and moved to Sonoma County. Man, what memories I have of that place though.
1978 Westfalia 2.0 FI

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Ritter wrote:Man, what memories I have of that place though.
You and me both Brother, you and me both!

-John
Keep it acoustic.