four and 20 camp 2014 in ye olde clackye oregun

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Re: four and 20 camp 2014 in ye olde clackye oregun

Post by DjEep » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm

I didn't necessarily go out "professionally", with two weeks notice and all, but part of it was to avoid burning the bridge. The boss is a great guy and a friend, but his personal stress and attitude has been affecting my work and overall mental state; time to move on before our non-work relationship imploded. So when he said some things yesterday, I started getting angry, but instead just packed up my tool boxes and left. He seemed to be somewhat expecting it, and has acted professional regarding it. Just went back to drop off my work blues and pick up my check, and he was polite and calm. In hindsight, I should have done this a few months back, when I had more of a "pillow" left from my minor inheritance, but I stuck it through the winter out of loyalty and burned through it during the slow times and lost work/travel expenses. Still have enough to survive for a few months, so I guess I figured to get while the getting' was still good.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?