2013 Wherever Camp 9/27ish

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Xelmon
Sedna of VW lovers

Re: 2013 Wherever Camp 9/27ish

Post by Xelmon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:18 am

Honestly, I was thinking "Naaa, the guys had worse than this, they're still partying out there like it's marty!"

Guess not. Ended up being an extremely busy weekend for me, full with... Eating, and getting together. And DnD. And getting an interview thing over the phone from Tesla.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36 am

Truly the Soggiest camp I have experienced in a long time. Reminded me of some forced hunting parties of my youth, ("now you go up along the ridge and drive the deer down into the draw, we'll meet back here in 4 hours...").

Sideways rain. Even the campfire needed a rainfly.

The mushrooms loved it though. We saw more than 20-30 species. I wish I knew which ones were edible. I'm sure some were.

I needed the getaway fer sure...
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Can't believe how hardcore you guys are. The gnar factor had to be pegged at 11. =D> =D> =D>

Glad everyone got home safe and soggy.
-'72 Westy-

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:59 pm

Gypsie wrote: Sideways rain.
Ha! Not just sideways! That was Forrest Gump level rain, the kind that even seemed to come straight up at ya. But we stared down that storm like Lieutenant Dan!
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?