Hmmm, sure is quiet....

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

dingo
IAC Addict!

Re: Hmmm, sure is quiet....

Post by dingo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:46 am

damn thats quite a story....i think you need to install an APU for such situations, powered by a Lithium-ion battery, of course

or may be one of these RATs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_air_turbine
'71 Kombi, 1600 dp

';78 Tranzporter 2L

" Fill what's empty, empty what's full, and scratch where it itches."

Bleyseng
IAC Addict!

Post by Bleyseng » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:34 pm

I think a aux battery is a good idea esp. if you go where no man has before to camp. He would have had to push really fast to get a RAT to charge his battery up so maybe a leg powered unit that breaks down to stow away?
Geoff
77 Sage Green Westy- CS 2.0L-160,000 miles
70 Ghia vert, black, stock 1600SP,- 139,000 miles,
76 914 2.1L-Nepal Orange- 160,000+ miles
http://bleysengaway.blogspot.com/

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:15 pm

DjEep wrote: ditzy college girls
I want my studs back :(
Once upon a time, I could have gotten into a winter adventure predicament (like trying to push start on snow/ice) and risen to the challenge.
Now? The cold invades my muscles.
Now . . . that was a good read sitting here next to the wood stove.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Now don't be tryin'ta assign meanin'sta my werds... :colors:
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

drober23
Addicted!

Post by drober23 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:19 pm

DJ Eep wrote:
Anyhooo, it was a gorgeous crisp night, with no hint of the freezing foggy pall that has been shrouding Eugene for weeks. The frost was amazing, growing about 8mm off of everything I left outside, and turning the snow that covered the place into delicate glass shards that fired the moonlight in every direction. No picture could do justice to the scene of lonely Maybelline resting her weary bones under a frozen maple, glowing faintly in the fire light while the world around her glistened with my every movement.

Man... that was beautiful! I can picture the scene more vividly than if you had taken a picture. Thank you.
DJ

'75 Westfalia, '79 Deluxe
(plus more busses than sense)

In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm

DjEep wrote:Now don't be tryin'ta assign meanin'sta my werds... :colors:
It was just too . . . so there. My apologies. You may request a delete.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:48 pm

Meh, not worried about it. I know's where I stands. :cherry:

In other news, my latest adventure to the snow last weekend resulted in a lost wallet, which was found by an awesome young lady, who tracked me down to the shop, set up a meeting then delivered it, going so far as to individually dry every card and bill in it, then refusing any compensation. I have a feeling she just wanted to meet me, but got scared when I told her to meet me at the only nice bar in Oakridge, which for some reason was closed at 7pm on a Wednesday, leaving her to wait in the darkness out front, at the farthest end of town, right next to the woods. Fail.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:07 am

righteous, eep.

the boys and i went to the pass friday, again in the doublecab. remarkably the only antenna ball in the parking lot. [love my 15" studded snow hankooks]. leslie got caught in an icy rut on the sideline and spun out off course. had to take his board off and hike out, but the board got away. with all the help we had scouting for it, i thought it wound up in dexter res. got a call yesterday. the ski patrol went in deep and found it. the season quietly continues.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:26 pm

Werd, just got back from a surprise appearance at Nehalem. Lemme know when the fire happens.