Back into the hills

All About How You Home Away From Home.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Back into the hills

Post by Sylvester » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 am

The wife and I went all spontaneous and drove to Vogel State Park and camped a night. Reall a nice drive up the mountains and into the green valleys, and the park was real nice too. Lots to do there, I wanted to hike Blood Mountain but we hiked a bit at Chattahoochee National Forest DeSoto Falls. Here is a shot of Vogel Park:

Here is the falls, there are a lot of falls up in the mountains.

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Re: Back into the hills

Post by hambone » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Beautiful! Such a wonderful Earth, all so different. Better save some...
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Oregon72
IAC Addict!

Post by Oregon72 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Pretty! Best time of year to camp - gotta get my bus running again. The mosquitos need to eat too ya know.
-'72 Westy-

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 am

Oregon72 wrote:Pretty! Best time of year to camp - gotta get my bus running again. The mosquitos need to eat too ya know.
Not many of those here! It was so cool at night, you needed the fire! Everyone loved the Bus, we had lots of questions and one lady who said they "heard" us coming via that unique engine sound before they ever saw us, and came running to the road to wave to us. This place will be a revisit for sure!
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

sped372
IAC Addict!

Post by sped372 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Looks nice! How cold is cold for you down there? We had a couple nights in the low 30's here on our trip last week.
1971 Karmann Ghia - 1600 DP
1984 Westfalia - 1.9 WBX

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm

sped372 wrote:Looks nice! How cold is cold for you down there? We had a couple nights in the low 30's here on our trip last week.
Heck not that cold! More like high 50's but for us thin blooded Southerners that is chilly in June!

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Wow, that shot of the falls is fantastic. Extending our Maupin run and really enjoying it. It has been awhile. We're planning on some spontaneous early this fall. Still no firm destinations. Enjoy!

neal
The slipper has no teeth.