81 AirCooled vanagnon

Post locations of Air-Cooled VW's that need to be saved from destruction. Post pics if possible.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vanagonvw
Getting Hooked!

81 AirCooled vanagnon

Post by vanagonvw » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Located in Salt Lake City, UT. I dropped the engine and replaced the "top end" meaning new P,R, &Cs and rebuilt headsIt was very uneventful an fired right up. Runs now, but my body failed me and I had a massive stroke, so I can't finish up all the details, nor do I have a place to do the work as I am losing my home. can't make house payments without a job, can't work cause I am disabled... Anyway, this is one clean Vanagon and the tears will flow when I get rid of it. been a workhorse, and I am not happy to have to part with it.

If anyone who is interested, and lives someplace where you could take a look or whatever, please email me at jmbrush@gmail.com an I can fill your plate with photos, and all the details you can eat :-) Its yellow, sort of faded, has cloth seats taken from a later model van, rubber floor mats with a dent in the sliding door that is minor and doesn't alter the door function. It has rust around he side windows in the back. Rust is bad, but it has lived in a garage for years, an has lots of metal left before the windows fall out :-0

The existing muffler is basically new, but I recently hunted down a standard exhaust system with the crossover pipe config, as well as a catalytic which is said to be about a year old as Utah has emissions testing and I figured it would be better safe than sorry.

If I cannot sell it to someone who will love it as much as I have loved it, I am afraid that when my house closes, I will have no choice but to haul it to the pick and pull lot. Its not registered or insured, but AAA will tote it over for me if it comes to that.

Let me know, I would like it to have a good life again. How much? I'm not trying to get rich off it, but a reasonable offer will certainly be considered.

Thanks for reading,

John

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Re: 81 AirCooled vanagnon

Post by dtrumbo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

John I'm sorry to hear of your situation. I'm not in the market for a Vanagon, but I wish you all the best in the adventure/challenge that life has presented to you. Good luck and stay in touch.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Re: 81 AirCooled vanagnon

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:08 am

Indeed, what a culmination of unfortunate circumstance. My woes suddenly strike me as whining pettiness.

I hope an anxious, excited buyer comes, Bentley in hand, with a reassuring like mindset of expectations of care and maintenance.

it still sucks to lose a bus,
neal
The slipper has no teeth.