Need cars

Post locations of Air-Cooled VW's that need to be saved from destruction. Post pics if possible.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

hotshot
I'm New!

Need cars

Post by hotshot » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey guys what has happened to this site?? It's dead, I got really great response 6 months ago and then it just got really quiet, spooky.

I now have a 18 year old son (year older) that needs things to keep his time occupied, so if you guys have something that you want to get rid of and won't cost me an arm, leg or both (free would be terrific). I will pick it up at your place if you are within 300 miles of Portland, OR. Just let me know if I need a trailer, wrecker or a dump truck. I will take anything , even piles or boxes of misc. "stuff", hopefully "stuff" will become something similar to the original part. Thanks in advance if you come up with anything just let me know. You can call me @ 503-266-3810 or 971-645-2383 (cell) and leave a message. My name is Bob.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Ya. I look on here after the weekend and there's just a handfull of new posts lately.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 pm

Hippie wrote:Ya. I look on here after the weekend and there's just a handfull of new posts lately.
I can add to the riff raff on this site. I figure the days of free Bugs and Busses and stashes of engines are long gone out east Here. I bet in Oregon you all trip over them on trash day.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Post by Hippie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:40 pm

In the '80s I could buy semi-beater but servicable daily driver Bugs all day for $500. Seemed that was the going rate. I wish a I had a fixer-upper car to give to the cause.