Oh cool, you did it!

Post locations of Air-Cooled VW's that need to be saved from destruction. Post pics if possible.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Hippie
IAC Addict!

Oh cool, you did it!

Post by Hippie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 pm

=D>

Rob

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:59 am

Very cool, I would ad this is a place to save endangered VW's, not the ones that will obviously sell, being sold, etc. Such as ads of "Going to the crusher", junkyard, etc. Or just seeing something in the woods, barn, junkyard, etc. Might want to put a month for expiration, postings 2 months down the road may be, wel aged. That being said, ME FIRST!!! There is a 87 Vanagon in the Duluth Pull a Part, Buford Road. Fairly new in the yard, engine still there, looks to have been a small fire in eng compartment, battery side. Still has worn but useable Vanagon alloy wheels on it. Non-camper. Last seen 31 Mar 07.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Sluggo
Wishin' I was Fishin'
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Post by Sluggo » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:28 am

Sylvester wrote:Very cool, I would ad this is a place to save endangered VW's, not the ones that will obviously sell, being sold, etc. Such as ads of "Going to the crusher", junkyard, etc. Or just seeing something in the woods, barn, junkyard, etc. Might want to put a month for expiration, postings 2 months down the road may be, wel aged. That being said, ME FIRST!!! There is a 87 Vanagon in the Duluth Pull a Part, Buford Road. Fairly new in the yard, engine still there, looks to have been a small fire in eng compartment, battery side. Still has worn but useable Vanagon alloy wheels on it. Non-camper. Last seen 31 Mar 07.
Please make your discovery known in it's own thread. That way people don't have to scan through a bunch of posts in every thread to find it.
:vwgauge420:

1977 Bus with Sunroof - "Lucky '77"
2000cc Type IV w/Dual Weber 36s,
Aircooled.net SVDA w/Compufire,
Redline Weber Fuel Pump,
Holley Regulator,
Half Ass Brush & Roller Rustoleum Paint Job,
Incomplete Custom Interior,
Dual Batteries,
Crunched Slider Door.
------------------------------------------------------

nakedfrog
Getting Hooked!

Post by nakedfrog » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:26 pm

Sylvester wrote:Very cool, I would ad this is a place to save endangered VW's, not the ones that will obviously sell, being sold, etc. Such as ads of "Going to the crusher", junkyard, etc. Or just seeing something in the woods, barn, junkyard, etc. Might want to put a month for expiration, postings 2 months down the road may be, wel aged. That being said, ME FIRST!!! There is a 87 Vanagon in the Duluth Pull a Part, Buford Road. Fairly new in the yard, engine still there, looks to have been a small fire in eng compartment, battery side. Still has worn but useable Vanagon alloy wheels on it. Non-camper. Last seen 31 Mar 07.
Hm, any bay window stuff there? My mom lives in Duluth.
I've only been to one junk yard in our area, but there wasn't an ACVW to be seen anywhere.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Sorry Sluggo, was so happy to see the new forum I just jumped the gun.
Nakedfrog wrote: Hm, any bay window stuff there? My mom lives in Duluth.
Nope, when I see them I will holler. Cool thing is this Pull a Part has their cars online. As soon as they go in I see them. We have 2 in Atlanta.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.