1975 Custom Camper for sale - Reduced to $ 5500 - must sell

Buy & Sell all your Air-Cooled vehicles here! VW, Porsche, etc...

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic, bretski

stony
I'm New!

1975 Custom Camper for sale - Reduced to $ 5500 - must sell

Post by stony » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:38 pm

This is an awesome 1975 VW bus with a 1800cc fuel injected engine.
The odometer shows 143000, The rebuild motor has 20000 miles on it.
We bought it in 2008, and (custom) fixed up just about everything inside and out.

We (a family of three) lived and traveled in the bus for one year, driving through the States and Mexico. We ended up in Maine and sadly have to sell her (Emma), because we are moving back to Germany.

We are asking only $ 6500, we really must sell soon, make us a good offer!

Here is a whole list of information. If you need more info or photos, just email and check here for more photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/anesteinme ... directlink

The list:
The whole engine has been rebuilt down to the last screw. New rod bearings, balanced rods, new pistons and cylinders, rebuilt cylinder heads with reground valves, new coil, altenator, and all sorts of other new things in and around the engine. I can give you the whole list if you want. Anyways, the engine is in perfect shape right now, doesn't drip oil and runs like a pro. I rebuilt everything to factory specs, to build a reliable and long lasting engine. There is an oil temperature gage installed, as well as a second deep cycle battery to run the fridge, the 110V inverter and interior lights. Once there is 110V available a battery charger charges that battery. So we are perfectly outfitted for any camping situation.
The only issue, like any VW bus, is the heating system. It works but just doesn't quite heat up the inside.
New brakes and wheel bearings all around were done at the same time.
Almost all window seals have been replaced two years ago.
The tires are Hancock tires, which are still in very good shape and none of them loses any air. The thread is good. The fifth tire is brand new, newer used.
The whole interior is custom built with cabinets made of walnut wood with a hickory countertop, all upholstery was redone.
The Riviera poptop has a new canvas. It is made from cotton/ hemp mix fabric, which lets you sleep a lot nicer and airier than a plastic canvas would. Not chemically treated.
All mattrasses are natural rubber (couchouc), 2 inch thick and very comfortable
The table folds together and stores neatly beside the bench.
The rear bench folds down to a double bed, as in a Westphalia.
The front seats have a new very comfortable horse hair cushion and nice looking fabric. The piping on part of the drivers side seat is coming apart, but it doesn't affect the actual seat cover. You can sit on those cushions for hours without anything hurting
In between the front seats are two storage boxes. One we used for tools at the bottom and maps on top. The other one for books. Those are movable and can work as extra seats outside or inside.
There is a very efficient 'TruckFridge' refrigerator in there that runs on 12V as well as on 110V or 240V.
We have a portable dual fuel two burner Coleman stove with a collapsable oven that we can include.
The sink is not hooked up right now, but the pump is working.
There is extra storage under the dashboard.

The only part that I am not happy about is the paint job that I did two years ago. After a very cold winter here in Maine the paint started flaking, especially on the front. Right now it is still surface rust that you see on the photo, and it looks bad, to be honest. So the bus needs a good paint job. There is some surface rust underneath the bus, but nothing is badly corroded or even rusted through. It has a new solid battery tray.
I have a whole bunch of extra parts that we always carried with us and are included.

stony
I'm New!

Re: 1975 Custom Camper for sale - Reduced to $ 5500 - must s

Post by stony » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 am

We really have to sell the bus soon. We will go back to Germany. Is there nobody out there who wants to come up to Maine and pick up our beloved bus?
It is ready for your next roadtrip.

airkooledchris
IAC Addict!

Post by airkooledchris » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:35 pm

I like your bus. Good luck getting rid of it, and sorry to hear that is required to get back home.

I dig the interior layout and the mods that have been done so far.

you may want to clean up the under dash wiring a bit and take a new picture of that area. as it it's a little scary....

good luck and safe travels.
1979 California Transporter

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:35 pm

Where are you at?

I am down here in Old Orchard Beach if you need something.
79 VW Bus

stony
I'm New!

Post by stony » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks guys. I should hide those wires, you are right. I guess I have been watching those wires for one year daily that I don't even notice them anymore.
We are about 4 hours north of you, Randy. Near Bar Harbor. Thanks for the offer, but I hope to have sold the beauty soon. Sad.....