RIP Greg and a call for RendezVW photos

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

RIP Greg and a call for RendezVW photos

Post by deschutestrout » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:16 pm

Just received the very sad news that we lost a friend to cancer in October. Greg attended EVERY RendezVW from it's inception six years ago. Greg was a great, mild-mannered guy, always wore the best of tie-dye (he was a master at the art) and each year, volunteered to be my right-hand man with the huge tie-dye party on Saturday....he ran the pre-soak bucket station. I know many of you frequent RendezVW'ers remember him. One of the "Splittie" group...tall, reddish hair, and always wore a smile....and the best tie-dyed shirts at the event. Saddest thing is he left behind a wife and two young kids...sweet daughter (who quickly became best buds with my 9 year old son), and a son. I'm deeply saddened by all of this. Death can be so unfair.

I'm working to put together somewhat of a "memorial" for his family and friends who will attend this year's RendezVW. Please look at your photos...I KNOW there must be some good ones out there...because he was front and center Saturday mornings. If you have some, please shoot them to me at mmalefyt@centurytel.net.

Thanks gang!
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

misszora
IAC Addict!

Re: RIP Greg and a call for RendezVW photos

Post by misszora » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that!
I will send stuff your way ASAP.
Miss Zora - '77 VW Riviera Hard Top Campmobile
Dharma Bug - '69 VW Bug
The Vandejo - '74 VW Westfalia Poptop (former mom)

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Re: RIP Greg and a call for RendezVW photos

Post by deschutestrout » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Thanks Paige! I'm putting together a collage of sorts....already have a few photos gathered...but I know there are more out there. Any thing you got...send 'em. Even any of the splittie group...they were all part of the same family. Sucks when someone gets called home early...really sucks.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011