2nd annual Peace love and bugs show

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Re: 2nd annual Peace love and bugs show

Post by Sylvester » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:32 am

zabo wrote:lee - i dont have an x large atl wagens shirt left- only large and 2x :(
I can do a large. BTW if I don't make it this weekend it is only because my wife is on the fence about her mother and Easter, if we go visit then I can't be there, I will let you know.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Sylvester wrote:
zabo wrote:lee - i dont have an x large atl wagens shirt left- only large and 2x :(
I can do a large. BTW if I don't make it this weekend it is only because my wife is on the fence about her mother and Easter, if we go visit then I can't be there, I will let you know.
doh! you better make it!

shirts just came in
60 beetle
78 bus

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:22 am

zabo wrote:
Sylvester wrote:
doh! you better make it!

g]
I will be there! Will have to drag the family out but will make it. I am stoked! I will call you when I get there, PM me your cell number. I will take the camera and post them when I get them. Anyone out there in IAC lurker land coming to this?
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:16 am

Sylvester wrote:Anyone out there in IAC lurker land coming to this?
I did! Photos later...
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 pm

And take pictures I did. I had both camera's at the show yesterday and took a bunch. This was Zabo's ALT Wagens annual VW show. Really they had so much going on it was hard to keep up. This was held at the Atlanta Progressive Preschool, I did not know Zabo's wife ran the place, and you should see what all they have in there for kids. Colin called it food for the child's mind, and I agree. A music room, a painting and clay room. This was a family event, and the amount of VW's that attended was impressive! I got there late, but Colin had been there early. Zabo was the organizer of the event and he did a great job keeping everyone happy. I heard nothing but good things being said about the event all day. It was cloudy and chilly most of the morning but it cleared up by noon and it turned out to be a great day for an event. They had S & J's Woodfired Pizza, cooked on site. And Sweetwater beer, I bet they went through more than one keg of that. I set up Samantha and a few of my hubcaps. I met Zabo and Tree Hive and looked at all the VW's and got some shots while there.

The even after it cleared up a bit, Samantha is under the flag.

Zabo's Bug:

Super Sexy Ghia:

Tree Hive Westy.

This was owned by "Bugsy" Malone I think:

My wife looks over the Chalk Westy. This was painted with that chalk paint. The kids had a field day on it. I wrote on it "Free Huey", I doubt anyone got that one.

And so did Colin with type 4 graffiti.

They had some Buggies there too, sorta Buggy Dubs?

A 64 that was real nice inside and out:

This Bug had my favorite Hot Wheels tires:

Nice color combo:

My GlassEye shots:

Colin and Zabo headed for the BobD:

Got Rust?

I wonder where this club is?

Colin and I next to the chalk Bus. Notice the colors of the type 4 are relative to temperature:

This was Zabo's shot. My wife checks out the Westy as I look for good shots.

Zabo hands out the trophies. Everyone was waiting for this part.

Colin placed 5th with the BobD. There was some stiff competition there, including a 65 Bug that was spotless. This was Colin's first car competition by the way. This was a great way to make trophies and everyone loved them.

A good time was had by all. I think Colin got a few more people to check out the IAC website.

My wife and I had a great time. Thanks Zabo for the event, I was glad to have participated.

One Bad Crew. Left to right, TreeHive, Sylvester, Zabo and Colin.

One last thing. How in the world did Peter (aka GlassEye) get down here so soon after his Death Valley adventure? Frito was here, did Colin rob him of a trophy?

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:38 pm

haha - great pictures! - it was a great time thanks so much for coming out!
Great to see both of you guys :compress:

a few more pics

more here http://forum.georgiadubs.com/t4065p75-2 ... y-festival
and here http://www.flickr.com/photos/22814506@N ... 6436939345
60 beetle
78 bus

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:44 am

Why do I always read posts about shows just a couple of days too late?

I wish I would have known and I would have been there... this has to be the closest show to where I live... and to think I drove all the way to Chattanooga last weekend...

Looks like you all had a great time and the weather was gorgeous!

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 am

VWGirl wrote:Why do I always read posts about shows just a couple of days too late?

I wish I would have known and I would have been there... this has to be the closest show to where I live... and to think I drove all the way to Chattanooga last weekend...

Looks like you all had a great time and the weather was gorgeous!
It was great, hard to believe this is Atlanta's only ACVW show. The only one I know of that is, unless the Athens people do something.

steve74baywin
IAC Addict!

Post by steve74baywin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:28 am

If it wasn't for the shorts I might not have recognized Colin. It has been a long time. Colin's visit to me was in his first year of doing this, or very close to that. Between the head and face you have more hair, although the color is different.

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 am

Sylvester wrote: It was great, hard to believe this is Atlanta's only ACVW show. The only one I know of that is, unless the Athens people do something.
YU BUGGIN is on june 4th down at atlanta motor speedway

saw a pic from the show in the ajc today
60 beetle
78 bus

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 pm

60 beetle
78 bus

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Indeed, he got my hubcaps in my Bus, on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 7139266021

In case you wanted to see all the pictures I took:

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... ow%202011/

See if you can find Chucky the doll in here.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:54 pm

zabo wrote:
Sylvester wrote: It was great, hard to believe this is Atlanta's only ACVW show. The only one I know of that is, unless the Athens people do something.
YU BUGGIN is on june 4th down at atlanta motor speedway

saw a pic from the show in the ajc today
Might go to the Buggin in June. Looks pretty big, anyone ever been you know?

zabo
Old School!

Post by zabo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:09 pm

i went last year- it was pretty cool- lots of vendors.
60 beetle
78 bus

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Sylvester wrote:
Indeed, he got my hubcaps in my Bus, on FB:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5 ... 7139266021

In case you wanted to see all the pictures I took:

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... ow%202011/

See if you can find Chucky the doll in here.

Those are some cool hubcaps!