Unsuperbowl Feb 3-6th 2011 Nehalem State Park

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:33 pm

That sounds like me, but I have never attended, so it wasn't.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:39 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Oh, btw...

G O G I A N T S !
All I can add to that is...

G O G I A N T S !
Keep it acoustic.

billmelissaandpaige
I'm New!

Post by billmelissaandpaige » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:44 pm

hambone: are you up for the idea of sharing a spot? kinda in the same boat $$ wise so it may be a way to make it easier for both of us to go. we were looking at A-31... 51' long so plenty of space. i know they charge a little extra ($5 maybe) for an additional vehicle... we've done it before at other state parks. just an idea.

-bill

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 am

I don't think they let 2 cars with sleepers double up. Maybe we can share that clandestine spot up the hill?
Hey, how are you guys doin with your new life????
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

billmelissaandpaige
I'm New!

Post by billmelissaandpaige » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:50 am

as melissa just said - "free is even better"

count us in for the location of your choosing. i'll bring a pair of loppers and we can carve a trail into the campground.

paige also asked if will eva be attending?

-bill

billmelissaandpaige
I'm New!

Post by billmelissaandpaige » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:33 pm

...new life? well - there have been trials and tribulations as i am sure you have faced (or will soon) by making certain life changing decisions. it is still a learning process - but, I WOULD NOT CHANGE IT. not for ANYTHING in this world.

i do believe a late night fire conversation is in store... i'll to do some baking if you bring your guitar.

-bill

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Any one of yous is welcome to park and camp in our spot as well, they have been fidgety about it in the past but maybe a phone call would fix the issue. I might even be able to add you to our reservation and then ya get to camp there for free.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm

spiffy wrote:Any one of yous is welcome to park and camp in our spot as well, they have been fidgety about it in the past but maybe a phone call would fix the issue. I might even be able to add you to our reservation and then ya get to camp there for free.
This is one park that has always given us problems with doubling up. They just won't allow two vehicles with sleeping quarters in one spot no matter what.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 pm

Westy78 wrote:
spiffy wrote:Any one of yous is welcome to park and camp in our spot as well, they have been fidgety about it in the past but maybe a phone call would fix the issue. I might even be able to add you to our reservation and then ya get to camp there for free.
This is one park that has always given us problems with doubling up. They just won't allow two vehicles with sleeping quarters in one spot no matter what.
That's why I am wondering if a call would help...if we can get the reservation (I have a lifetime free pass) in our name for two rigs...they would not be able to argue with it on site. Not sure if it would work but it might....
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:06 am

Worth a try I guess...but Jasan is correct...they're anal about this policy. Apparently it's OK for a huge motor home to be accompanied by a full size pickup and three tents...but two hippie buses? NO FRIGGIN' WAY AND KEEP THAT DOG LEASHED OR I'M CALLIN' THE COPS. Oh, here's your firewood at $1.00 per stick :geek:

Last year they made an exception for me since the site I was supposed to have had a broken down vehicle in it and I shared Gypsie's site with him. Give 'em a call and see what they say.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

Vanwilder
Getting Hooked!

Post by Vanwilder » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:15 am

I know of a stealthy spot. No fire though I would think. I personally have not
stayed in said spot. I have scouted it for it's viability though.
If you guys want some coordinance let me know. Two buses in late and 2 buses out early would work.

Plan B we start an IAC fund for the currently funded impaired. We need you guys there!!!

Lily has been beside herself since she started hearing the chatter. She is outside in the rain selling her dog cookies to the neighbor dogs.
Per Lily, "Let's Do This!"
83" Westy "Lemona" *Sold*
83" Vanagon GL "VanWilder"
2000" BMW 528i
Trek 6000 MTB
http://s983.photobucket.com/albums/ae31 ... er_photos/

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Man down, gotta get my Army on. Second Nehalem in a row we are going to miss. Not happy.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 pm

spiffy wrote:Man down, gotta get my Army on. Second Nehalem in a row we are going to miss. Not happy.
What the hell? Just tell them to postpone it a week. I'm sure they'll understand. :bom:
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Westy78 wrote:
spiffy wrote:Man down, gotta get my Army on. Second Nehalem in a row we are going to miss. Not happy.
What the hell? Just tell them to postpone it a week. I'm sure they'll understand. :bom:
Just tell them there's some TSA biz to attend to. A bunch of us likely will be ready for a good pat down. Sorry you can't make it! That totally sucks.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:40 am

deschutestrout wrote:Sorry you can't make it! That totally sucks.
Yes it does, I'll drink a beer for you both, or two. :drunken:

-John
Keep it acoustic.