San Juan Islands week long tour?

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Trotsky
Getting Hooked!

Post by Trotsky » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:33 pm

I didn't think the Ferry was going to be $60...that will probably count me out...Still waiting for my work to pony up for our medical insurance and I am already spending a butt load on my motorcycle trip this weekend. I think I'll have to bow out and do a more local camping trip instead. I did already commit for the keg though so I am still good for that...wouldn't leave you hanging.
:thumbleft:

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:28 am

good morning,

thought i should check in, :-)

keg??? are we having a keg? i would be glad to contribute. what kind?

i am actually leaving here tuesday evening. i have to go to oak harbor first so i will tow zapper that far. bit if i need to know anything b4 i go please let me know this weekend if poss.

i will bring some firewood. my dad has a OLD pile that they don't use but hey it burns. i will fill up the back end. don't want to put my rack on and all of a sudden be 'too tall'!

looks like weather should be good. this week is supposed to be showers but they clear up next friday and then it is just cloudy-ish. and high 60's. rain up there doesn't usually last that long and isn't that hard. (ususally)

so do we have a final tally on who is going since we know when we are going? and we are shooting for the 10 05 ferry? jasan has my number so you can call me when you are past mt vernon. if i think it will be too busy i will take the 745 ferry and let jasan know.

been practice camping in zapper so i think i have most of my odds and ends back in the bus and colin is supposed to be here friday to work on my stuff, so i am pretty excited!
susan
susan
66 dormobile westy:zapper
73 thing: tilly
olympia wa

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:19 pm

I think we have:

my wife and I
Jasan
Bob
Stephan
Wayne
Andrew from BC
yourself
and MAYBE a few more wetwesties if they get spots/decide to come out.

Not sure if the PDX contingent is organizing a keg, I know it has been suggested but who would carry it?...1,2,3...NOT IT!! ha ha ha ha

Do you know how tall is "too tall" for the ferry? I am wondering if our kayak on top of our bus will put us into ferry-toll-pergatory?

It hasn't been suggested yet but we could do a pot luck on Sunday night if ya'll want to. I have been dying to make my eyeball/horse tail/pig snot soup for somebody :pale:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:23 pm

yes i think your kayak on top of your pop top is too tall. i think most people for the ferry ride anyway put the kayak inside. you can always pull it out on the other side. ;-)

"Space on the ferry is limited. It is measured in terms of length, height and width of the load. Vehicles exceeding a "box" size of 7'6" high by 20 feet long by 8'6" wide will be subject to surcharges. RVs, bikes on top of the car, and long vehicles pulling trailers or boats are subject to these charges."

from the ferry god rules.

i think a pot luck several times is called for! but we should definitely plan on at least one at each camp place. sunday is good. maybe i will just have a small 'taste' of your soup, not to discourage you or anything!!!!

susan
susan
olympia wa

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:16 am

The Ferries take full length Semis and tall garbage trucks.
Yes I would like to get a Pony keg at app. $70. lucky Lab Micro. any preferences. 5 people in would be $14 I believe a Pony is about 50 pints.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:48 am

i am good for going in on a keg as described. haven't found too many micro brews i don't like :colors:

yes the ferry takes anything but there is a surcharge for anything bigger than the 'basic box' although i have never really figured out why there has to be a height surcharge when there is so much space in the middle that is unrestricted. they would just have to direct you there and not 'all' vehicles could go there but length is far more important.

well i had hoped colin would come today and make zapper and tilly all happy again and fix all their little things. but i have not seen nor heard from him so i guess it is a good thing i did all the basic things last week, but it didn't cure all that ails. but if zapper was totally 'cured' she'd probably have her own heart attack!! and i would drive her too fast.
susan
olympia wa

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:26 pm

susan wrote: well i had hoped colin would come today and make zapper and tilly all happy again and fix all their little things. but i have not seen nor heard from him so i guess it is a good thing i did all the basic things last week, but it didn't cure all that ails. but if zapper was totally 'cured' she'd probably have her own heart attack!! and i would drive her too fast.
Hey Susan it looks like Colin has you scheduled for this coming Wednesday?

http://itinerant-air-cooled.com/viewtopic.php?t=2345

Might send him a PM to make sure he knows you're still interested.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 pm

oh no as it turns out i was scheduled for today as i thought. his written one was old news. and he did pm me this am which i got after he got here at 9:30 and i got none of his old pms :-(
but now it is 8:30 pm my engine is OUT!!! and we are bargaining with future recipients of his care for more time.
but things are happening. and we will get it together in time to leave tuesday night..........
my clutch went to hell in a handbasket instantly today. the slow spiral whipped and crashed. so tilly has had no love. but zapper should be ecstatic when this is over......
so cross your fingers and all will become well. i am confident. and my neighbor even had a part we needed after hours. how handy.

=D>
susan
olympia wa

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:01 pm

Good deal. With Zapper running perfect how are you going to have any famous Susan adventures of arriving at your destination by the skin of your teeth, duct tape and zip ties? :geek:
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:50 pm

chuckle chuckle.

since this problem is taking so long i am sure there will still remain other unresolved issues i can skate by with !!!

he is coming back tomorrow!
susan
olympia wa

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:26 pm

Send him back here when he's done! Nothing urgent, just want to share a couple of beers and give him back his socket extension :drunken:
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:07 am

Wow!

Seems as if we all have been busy busy bees as of late....that will make the trip that much more relaxing!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

susan
I'm New!

Post by susan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:00 am

i'm ready.
colin was here for 2 days.
zapper runs better, shifts the same but we know why.
the sun is peaking out now so i am going to pack and take off tonite after rush hour.
i'll still bring firewood from oak harbor and watch to see about the ferry on saturday.
does anybody have a number for the actual campground folk as opposed to the reservation lady?

susan
susan
olympia wa

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 am

I think I'm gonna have to bow out for this one. SERIOUSLY broke and after the beautiful peace last weekend I'm not sure I'm ready for group camping and the long drive involved...I'd rather not sit there like an old crank and spoil all yer fun. Sometimes I just need more of a quiet experience, just wired that way.
I am looking forward to more camping this fall though, it's the best time of year to be out in the woods.
Godspeed all youse! :flower: Hope to see you soon.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

CoPilot

Post by CoPilot » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:21 pm

boo, Bob! was looking forward to hanging out.