SEWR Gathering, August 4 and 5.

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

SEWR Gathering, August 4 and 5.

Post by MeyerII » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am

Hey all:

We are having a SEWR West Coast gathering in Portland August 4 and 5. The mighty Tram (bloviator on all things Type3) as well as a few other notables. Its at a member's second home, and apparently there is enough room that letting loose a little bit will not be a problem. All overnight accomodations are filled, but I'd like it if a few of you could find time to drop by -- especially Neal. I seem to remember Tritessa is in the area, and there will be a musical aspect to the event ... the guy was even considering erecting a stage ... so Hambone and a few others might consider dropping by. I'm bringing a guitar or two.

Basically, I think the two days are going to be about food, drink, music, and maybe fixing up a car or two -- who knows. I believe that there will be a campfire.

So the host told me it'd be OK to invite people, so this is me inviting. PM me if you think you can make it.

Thanks,

Rob
Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 pm

It's on my calendar, I hope to make at least Wednesday, I think I have to work Thursday.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:35 pm

ruckman101 wrote:It's on my calendar, I hope to make at least Wednesday, I think I have to work Thursday.

neal
Outstanding!!!!!!

Money is not speech.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Will see what I can do, but I've got no idea what the work schedule's gonna be like that week. Two people out of town on vacation...

Think Tram's gonna drive the T34 Cabriolet? I'd love to see it in person .. the O-308 Mercedes bus he had at the 2006 TIII Invasion campground was pretty cool too.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

vistacruzer
IAC Addict!

Post by vistacruzer » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 pm

were is said gathering? :pirate: and is it the the group of t3 that were at the rest stop on the way to woodburn and they thought my bus was on fire? (valve cover gasket) :geek:
71 bench 1915
70 wide lowered body rag top 2056 type4 DTM nothing stock if I could touch it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 am

tristessa wrote:Will see what I can do, but I've got no idea what the work schedule's gonna be like that week. Two people out of town on vacation...

Think Tram's gonna drive the T34 Cabriolet? I'd love to see it in person .. the O-308 Mercedes bus he had at the 2006 TIII Invasion campground was pretty cool too.
I too would like to see the wavy-gravy T34 up close, but most likely he'll be taking the 0-308 "Motel Berlinner" so that he and Bix have a place to sleep. PM sent.

Money is not speech.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am

Whatssssamatter they too good to post on here? :blackeye:
It's probably for the best. :flower:

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:30 pm

hambone wrote:Whatssssamatter they too good to post on here? :blackeye:
It's probably for the best. :flower:
Whyn'cha come on out and ask 'em yourself? The more musicians, the merrier.

Money is not speech.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Thanks for the invite. Not sure if I will be in town, you know how the 2 weeks of summertime in the NW is....but I will try to make it.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 am

hambone wrote:Thanks for the invite. Not sure if I will be in town, you know how the 2 weeks of summertime in the NW is....but I will try to make it.
PM me if you need information.

And hey, we're getting pretty big: apparently we're entering a car in the "24 Hours of Lemons":

It is so completely right, it isn't even funny, except it is.

Money is not speech.

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 am

Hey, that's not even a Volkswagen .. looks like one of those Mitsi Mopars from the early '80s.

Sapporo?
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 am

MeyerII wrote: apparently we're entering a car in the "24 Hours of Lemons":
I would love to do that. The family epic that could be written, The Great Fall! Nephew of famous racecar driver who won LeMans three times enters 24 Heures du Lemons with a claptrap and wins last place several laps down! Engine won't shut off at finish line, welded contacts in overheated ignition switch. Discovered thrown rod, "yeah I heard something a few hours ago."
Colin
(that MitsuMopar thing looks waay to gussied up, is this race getting to fancy for its own britches?)
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:20 am

tristessa wrote:Hey, that's not even a Volkswagen .. looks like one of those Mitsi Mopars from the early '80s.

Sapporo?
Haven't had the time to really get familiar with the car, but the owner and entrant is one of ours. Last time I was in Denver, he let me drive his '64 356 Cabrio, and he has a fine collection of low-light ghias and extremely early bugs. The Speed Channel is going to be mounting a camera in his car for the race. We're awfully proud of him.

If I see ya, remind me to tell you about his "backwards bug".

Money is not speech.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:21 am

Amskeptic wrote:
MeyerII wrote: apparently we're entering a car in the "24 Hours of Lemons":
I would love to do that. The family epic that could be written, The Great Fall! Nephew of famous racecar driver who won LeMans three times enters 24 Heures du Lemons with a claptrap and wins last place several laps down! Engine won't shut off at finish line, welded contacts in overheated ignition switch. Discovered thrown rod, "yeah I heard something a few hours ago."
Colin
(that MitsuMopar thing looks waay to gussied up, is this race getting to fancy for its own britches?)
Win or lose, there is going to be a story to this one, that's for damned sure.

Money is not speech.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 am

Allright! We'll be on the road to PDX tomorrow ... I'm thinking about an ETA of around 5:00pm, but we'll see. Looking forward to meeting those of you who will be in attendance.

Money is not speech.