SEWR Gathering, August 4 and 5.

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:05 pm

I'll try and pop down after work tomorrow evening. Probably more like Thursday though. Think anyone'll be offended by a Bay bus with a GTI engine swap?

Well .. anyone aside from Tram, and aside from generally being offended by a Bay bus to begin with. :cyclopsani:
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 pm

tristessa wrote:I'll try and pop down after work tomorrow evening. Probably more like Thursday though. Think anyone'll be offended by a Bay bus with a GTI engine swap?

Well .. anyone aside from Tram, and aside from generally being offended by a Bay bus to begin with. :cyclopsani:
That would be great, I'd love to meet ya. But I don't think Tram will be offended by a Bay specifically. He's just equally offended by anything that isn't either a T3 or a Mercedes, I think. The GTI conversion would actually be interesting to all, though.

I'll be leaving the T3 at home, BTW. We're only staying for a couple of days and will be heading to the coast after that, so decided to take one of the daily drivers.

Corporations are not people.

Money is not speech.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Alas you guys I will be out camping with my family. O' the tears that will be shed.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:02 pm

hambone wrote:Alas you guys I will be out camping with my family. O' the tears that will be shed.
Bummer! I was hoping you'd show. We'll raise a glass of the Glenlivet in your honor then.

Money is not speech.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:11 pm

My brother and his family have lived here 2 years and this is the first damn time I was able t talk them into camping so I gotta jump on it. I was hoping to make it too believe it or not.
Well just think of me as the non-bearded bearded Hal and that's about it.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:37 pm

hambone wrote:My brother and his family
You have a brother?

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:38 pm

hambone wrote:My brother and his family have lived here 2 years and this is the first damn time I was able t talk them into camping so I gotta jump on it. I was hoping to make it too believe it or not.
Well just think of me as the non-bearded bearded Hal and that's about it.
This may become an annual thing, who knows? But this year could end up being special ... I could list names, but I have no way of knowing whether they'd mean anything to you. I know Jes is coming, probably with his drag buggy in tow. Looks like the infamous Notchback is going to be there, picking up a Mercedes that Tram restored in Eugene. 50% chance of Jimmynotch showing up, 75% chance of him being pantless at some point during the festivities. Keoki and wife will be there - he builds beams in WA state. I believe that our own Ruckman is showing up either Wednesday or Thursday evening to get kicked in the nuts...

Oh yes, and of course the Traminator will be there to tell us what we are doing wrong with our fuel injection (those who have it, at least). And a few others are threatening to show at this point. Ought to be an eclectic bunch. Add beverage of choice and a campfire, and we're off to the races .... at least as far as the wives will let us, that is.

Money is not speech.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Cough, cough, sniff, I feel a slight cold coming on. I just might have to call in sick to work Thursday if it doesn't get better tomorrow, nudge nudge, wink wink.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:03 pm

ruckman101 wrote:Cough, cough, sniff, I feel a slight cold coming on. I just might have to call in sick to work Thursday if it doesn't get better tomorrow, nudge nudge, wink wink.

neal
We'll make sure its for real to keep you honest.

Money is not speech.

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 pm

... aaaaaaaaand DONE. Tritessa, it was a pleasure meeting ya for sure, and it is great to finally put a face with the name. And Neal, I am truly sorry we had to jet out before you woke up - didn't have the heart to disturb you. We're a couple hundred miles up the coast, relaxing in Ocean Shores, WA.

Anyway, it was great to finally meet the two of you. Cheers.

Money is not speech.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 am

snrrrrr, snort, saw, mmph, hrmmph, snoooze, twitch,....

Well, I do work a swing shift. Everyone went to bed early, leaving me with the sink abuser as the acids ate through the shorts and shirt of our host passed out on the couch (dang, forgot to bring my sharpie).

Glad I didn't have to miss it. Was great to meet some of the titans of the boards. Enjoyed it immensely. Although the mustard seemed fairly pedestrian.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

tristessa

Post by tristessa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:32 am

Great to meet you too, wish I'd been able to stick around longer. Was also good to "formally" meet the host and catch up with Tram and Notchback, neither of whom I'd seen in ages. Four years for Tram, eight years for NB...

MeyerII
IAC Addict!

Post by MeyerII » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:57 pm

tristessa wrote:Great to meet you too, wish I'd been able to stick around longer. Was also good to "formally" meet the host and catch up with Tram and Notchback, neither of whom I'd seen in ages. Four years for Tram, eight years for NB...
I didn't even recognize the Notch, after only seeing him a year ago. He got a big kick out of that.

Money is not speech.