Mankato, MN VW Club - Hamburger Run

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Mankato, MN VW Club - Hamburger Run

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:12 am

I just wanted to share a pic I took of the cars in a Southern Minnesota VW club that I joined this weekend. The fall colors are about at their peak right now (although today it is snowing!) and the club invited me to join them on their Fall drive. In total we went about 100 miles along the Minnesota River valley. At the moment, I have the only running bus in the club! Me, my dad, and my too little kids went along. It was great.

[albumimg]2869[/albumimg]
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

Minnesota Pilots are a brave lot.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Manfred
Old School!

Re: Mankato, MN VW Club - Hamburger Run

Post by Manfred » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:08 am

BellePlaine wrote:At the moment, I have the only running bus in the club!

Sounds like Collin could have a lot of work a head of him. Are you going to hook a brother up?
1978 Westy FI
hambone wrote:Some times ya gotta wing it.

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Re: Mankato, MN VW Club - Hamburger Run

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 am

Manfred wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:At the moment, I have the only running bus in the club!

Sounds like Collin could have a lot of work a head of him. Are you going to hook a brother up?
Of course, I'd love to have Colin come to Minnesota and work on buses. Bugs are fun and all but they are a little cramped for camping. :joker:

On a side note, this old farmer pulls up to the end of my driveway as I was getting my bus ready for the club drive. He starts asking me questions about my bus and then mentions that he has a bus which was pulled from the cow pasture where it sat for 10 years. So I went with him to go take a look at his bus. He has a '73 kombi which isn't too badly rusted but everything else on it is shot. The motor is missing carburation, the interior is all there (except for the middle seat) but needs reupholstering. And everything such as turn signal lenses was either badly cracked or missing. He wanted to know what it was worth and I told him between $300 and $500 bucks. It's not a project that I would have the money for.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"