Music Festival Camping with the Kids

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Music Festival Camping with the Kids

Post by BellePlaine » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

[albumimg]2653[/albumimg]

I just wanted to share a photo from this past weekend of bus camping at a music festival. The music festival was the Big Wu Family Reunion and my wife and I met 10 years ago through the band. She's from MASS and I'm from Minnesota.

This was our first camping trip as a family in our bus and our children's first music festival, it was very family friendly where we were camping. Brady (4) slept in the child's cot while Emma (2) slept in the penthouse. We had so much fun.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Hey Belle,

do you have a photobucket or other? Looks like fun Love to see a crisper image, Ok so I wanted to see the bus in the background too...

Love to see more....
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:55 am

No I don't have a photobucket account, but I can direct you to my rebuild thread on TS. (Sorry, I didn't know about this forum until after I started this thread there).

Here it is and there is lots and lots of pix.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... era+camper

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 am

Luv the Wu!

cool deal!
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:45 am

dhoch14 wrote:Luv the Wu!

cool deal!
Me too, but I guess I already said that!

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:17 pm

Gypsie wrote:Hey Belle,

do you have a photobucket or other? Looks like fun Love to see a crisper image, Ok so I wanted to see the bus in the background too...

Love to see more....
Sorry, Gypsie. I finally understood what you meant about the bus in the background. Unfortunatley it's the only pic of that bus that I have. It's a very nice 1970 however the owner and I never really had a chance to talk. We said 'hi' and we checked out each other's buses but he and his girlfriend were not around too much. I chose that camping spot because I saw his bus.

Including my bus, there were only 4 aircooled VW's at the show, mine, the '70, and another Baywindow owned by a cool lady named Misty who sold hula hoops. She took good care of her bus. I post a pic of Misty's bus later.