IFBWAX is famous to the Portland Timbers Army

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

dhoch14
Old School!

IFBWAX is famous to the Portland Timbers Army

Post by dhoch14 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:05 am

Local PDXers will get this...not only am I a lovely IAC follower, but I double as true Portland Timbers fan and I occasionaly frequent their message board. With the Timbers playing arch-rival Seattle tonight, I thought I would take a look.

Funny, I came across this post about our very own IBFWAX:

Lendog
Re: Sell-Out By Game Day???
Reply #167 - Today at 8:40am

Wayne Garcia got the night off of work just to go to the match:
http://twitter.com/WayneGarciaKPTV

http://twitter.com/ShaunaParsons

Way to go Wayne!!! I'll be there cheering on our boys in green!
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:28 am

they are so funny. You'll like this. I grew up (am 46 now) when soccer was only played at PE and then only when the baseball or basketball courts were too wet. I NEVER watched soccer except an occassional world cup and was in the Pasadena madness back in the 90's covering the celebrations for the LA station I worked for then. But still.. not a huge fan. I followed Bayern Munchen a little because my Mom was born there and we still have relatives there.

Then when I moved to Portland something inspired me to go to a Timbers match. And I went all the way.. found the Bitter End, by accident, and wound up making friends with all these really nice people who invited me to sit next to them for the match. Wow. It was the single most fun I've had at any sporting event in my life. And we beat Seattle that night!!! In fact I don't think I've ever seen the timbers lose.

It is a really European atmosphere and I've really developed an appreciation for the game. Bascailly I've learned to get super hyped anytime the ball is remotely close to the goal.

So we plopped down money earlier this year for Season tix for when Portland goes MLS and somehow someway I'll find a way to go to the majority of games. the only drawback is my sked which has me working most week nights.

Anyway I'd planned long ago to go to the Bayern Munchen game and this is a month where it's really hard for us to get off work. Then I find the biggest match maybe ever is happening the night before. So I was all bummed out but then thankfully I have a super cool boss who's letting me split Thursday's off day into two halves. So I work early both days but get to see two games!!!!

Anyway, probably more than you wanted to know except that now I'm a huge Timbers fan and can't get enough. Tonight shold be CRAZY!
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:40 am

awesome wayne!!!

great story and I'm glad to hear the TA welcomed you with open arms. Your story is really what makes me love the beautiful game.

Though, I'm a bit more of a footie fan as I played it through college. Nonetheless, it is the one sport that can bring lifetime fans and newbies together. I've got season tickets and am very excited about the potential of MLS in 2011.

I'll be there tonight loud and proud. For me there are two passions, buses and footy! Glad you can go tonight, it is a can't miss game. I've read the game is sold out now.

=D>
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali