2nd annual Deschutes Beer Round up..

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:45 pm

Spit out beer? I am really going to try to forget you said that.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

bean5446
Getting Hooked!

Post by bean5446 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:50 am

I thought about spitting some out, too. When seriously tasting coffees you spit, beer would be tough though. "I'll spit out the next one, I swear!"
Bean
1980 Volvo 245 DL, Omar, 397000 miles.
-------------------------------------------------
1987 Vanagon Syncro, Syncro, re-homed.
1984 Vanagon GL Totoro, re-homed.
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. - T.S. Eliot

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:44 am

after the first half (20x2oz=40oz) my ability to actually 'understand' the tasting process begins to diminish. the second half of the process becomes blurry....

Don't get me wrong, I'm down with gettin a good ol fashined drunk on but this is a tasting.

If we're going to be beer snobs we have to step up the snobbishness. See what the wine tasters do.

Likely the bucket will sit there gathering dust, just a nice option for those that would like to keep walking around and not fall on their guitar (or tuba...)
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

bean5446
Getting Hooked!

Post by bean5446 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:49 am

Maybe we could split it into a Friday/Saturday event. IPA's would be an entire day unto themselves for sure. 40oz? Good lord, I didn't do the math. Sure beats malt liquor. . .
Bean
1980 Volvo 245 DL, Omar, 397000 miles.
1987 Vanagon Syncro, Syncro, re-homed.
1984 Vanagon GL Totoro, re-homed.
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. - T.S. Eliot

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 am

bean5446 wrote:Maybe we could split it into a Friday/Saturday event. IPA's would be an entire day unto themselves for sure. 40oz? Good lord, I didn't do the math. Sure beats malt liquor. . .
I think that is a great idea. When we out wine tasting we never spit.....the quality of the buzz is also up for judgement :drunken:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 am

bean5446 wrote:Maybe we could split it into a Friday/Saturday event. IPA's would be an entire day unto themselves for sure. 40oz? Good lord, I didn't do the math. Sure beats malt liquor. . .
I like this idea. Night before the biggun' could be devoted to the darker, malties...sweet sippers.

Don't want to dilute the blast though. I suppose a person could just pass on those already tried as well.

The big blast of energy of gathered and excited tasters must not be lost.

A'course it is also not a good idea to come to the table half crocked anyhoo. I mean it was a hot day and the taste didn't start til 4. A guy gets powerful thirsty in the desert sun... :pirate: Prolly have more of a fighting chance sticking with water before.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....