Nor Cal GTG's - Post 'em here

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:56 pm

Yo, Ritter. Someone chimed in at vwcamperfamily about hittin' the beach for the V-Day P-day weekend. I might try to go at least Sunday for an overnighter.

Larry, you're due for a beach trip , huh?

* quick update* It appears that reservations are made seven days in advance. I was only able to get Sunday night the 15th since today is Sunday the 8th.

Hurry if ya wanna go. Lawson Landing near Dillon beach. Rain or shine.

larry209
I'm New!

March 13-15, 09 - somewhere close-ish

Post by larry209 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm Post subject:
Well lets set March 13-15th as a GTG. It'll be here quickly.
I'm going to look at two spots this Saturday. Lake Amador and Lake Solano.
Anyone know about Spring Lake near Santa Rosa.
Any word on where, I have marked off those dates and have heard of a couple of suggestions. Anything pinned down. I'm new so I will follow..... :colors:

Looking forward to meeting you all and being able to add my 2-3 cents worth.

thanks

Larry and Hilda
Larry
Stockton, CA

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:44 pm

Well, I for one am leaning toward the Lawson Landing CG near Dillon beach.

I had a spot booked there for this Sunday but the weather report has some nasty forecasting. So I'm thinking that I'd try for a March 13-15th outing there. Whatdya think? Anyone else?

I'd do Sandy Beach again since the Delta seems to be user friendly for a lot of us.

Let's make a decision within the week?

http://www.almanac.com/weatherforecast/us/16

regis101
Getting Hooked!

March 20-22 Spring Solstice GTG

Post by regis101 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:58 pm

Here ya go, Two nights at lake Del Valle. March 20-22. I chose this CG for easy driving for the Tracy, Stockton and Sacto people. East Bay campers will have a short drive. South bay and peninsula people are an easy drive.

I booked four spots for up to eight vehicles. Details about how to get past the Ranger at the kiosk will come a bit later. For now, I'd like to know who'd like to join in for welcoming Spring. Add your name here. email me for my cell number. Can also chime in on vwcamperfamily.

Seven places remain 'cause I want to come. There are no commitments for Friday night if ya want to stay just for Saturday.

You can go onto www.Reserveamerica.com for a looksie at lake Del Valle. It's about 25 minutes out of Livermore.

We have spot 35, 37, 38, 39. There was water in the creek behind spot 38. maybe some one can book spot 40 for added waterfront footage. No big. The spots are under some trees. Spot 35 and 37 back up to a grassy field so bring the kites. Dogs are allowed on a leash for $2.

I wanted to grab more spots but these were the best I could do. I could only book two of the sites. Had to start another account in my sons name for two more.

On April 1st the second half of the CG opens up for the season. As a side note, I have spot 79 booked for April 3-5. Love that place. 20 minutes from home, nestled in the hills with a lake.

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:13 pm

I'll use this post for a names list. Looking for (two) more vehicles. Bring wood and wine. Maybe a tarp

1. Mike and Shari with Stella, two days
2. Regis, Chris, Ray, Amy and Savanna the dog. Cat stays home. two days
3. Frank and Deb for Saturday
4. Jen, maybe the kids. Two days
5. Andy's in for Friday and Saturday. Bringing the dog?
6. Joe with Maggie, One or two days??

larry209
I'm New!

March 20-21

Post by larry209 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Which would be the best day to come if I just come for the day, Fri or Sat

We want to drive up and hang out and meet ya'll. That's about the best I will be able to do, at least that is do-able.

Day use fee and pass I am sure is possible. Now, I have those dates on my calendar to work out to come. Looking forward to hooking up

We will keep on working it till it get done.

Thanks,

Larry and Hilda
Larry
Stockton, CA

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:42 pm

I'd love to have you hang for Friday and Saturday. But Saturday would be best of the two. More relaxing. Get there when you can.

Frank is coming for Saturday night. I'm planning on doubling up our rigs to save a buck. You two can share a spot or we'll divide you between the other spots that have Friday and Saturday. Don't matter, it's a party. Park where you fit.

Dogs are $2.

The spots are paid for. Works out to 34/night or 17 each. For those who come up on Saturday, they will pay a $6 second vehicle fee to enter then ante up the $11 difference at the site. Easy. Would have been easier if they'd let me pre-pay the $6 but the thought is not to over pay.

We have spot(s) 35, 37, 38, 39. You'll just ask for one of them as a second vehicle. Process of elimination. This is just to get in. Once you're here, you'll end up in one of these spots. I'll give a list of expected names to the Ranger at the kiosk. It's all good. Glad to see you're coming.

Great. I just reread you post. If you don't plan on camping, we'll work something out. Yes. probably the standard day use fee of $6 and you're all in but you'll tell them you're camping to get a camp spot sticker. Then if ya get too hammered, you're home. lol j/k

static
IAC Addict!

Post by static » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 pm

regis101 wrote:
Dogs are $2.

Hell, at that price, I could buy several.

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Well. ya can't keep 'em or eat 'em.

I went up there on Sunday with a list of already reserved spots from Reserveamerica and drove around for a while. This was the best I could do with what was available and keep us somewhat together. Doubling up is fine. It'll be fun. Didn't think many more than ten would brave the late march elements. Brrr. 60* 40 at night. maybe some rain. The spots I grabbed offer multi levels of ambiance. Have some creek. Some trees. Some field.

I'm hoping you can come? Bringing some new Bay Window people.

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:55 pm

regis101 wrote:I'll use this post for a names list. Looking for (two) more vehicles. Bring wood and wine. Maybe a tarp

1. Mike and Shari with Stella, two days
2. Regis, Chris, Ray, Amy and Savanna the dog. Cat stays home. two days
3. Frank and Deb for Saturday
4. Jen, maybe the kids. Two days
5. Andy's in for Friday and Saturday. Bringing the dog?
6. Joe with Maggie, One or two days??
7. Aaron, Kim and Noah. Saturday

One more spot left. Keep the Sun charms close to heart. We're either going to have a great kite flying weekend or the best game of mud Soccer known to man

static
IAC Addict!

SACRAMENTO AREA GTG: this Sunday! 2/22/09

Post by static » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:30 pm

Put on your galoshes, grab an umbrella and come out to play!

Who: VW buses and their admirers

What: Brunch al fresco

Where: Adalbertos Mexican Food
2256 Sunrise Blvd
Gold River, CA 95670 (which is really Rancho Cordova, I think)

When: Sunday, 2/22/09 at 11:00 am.

Why: Because Adalbertos has the best damn burritos in northern California, as well as really great, fresh horchata.

How: Just get yourself there. If your bus isn't feeling well, then bring the Toyota, for all we care. Just come! Park your bus out back, and if it is not raining too hard we can kick tires and admire your newest bus accessories. Oh, and it is a "no-host" event, so you do not need to bring firewood and red wine, but you are on your own for your own damn burrito. (Yes, they have veggie options.)

larry209
I'm New!

GTG at Del Valle

Post by larry209 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:32 am

Hilda and I are looking at the Sat. to come up and meet yall' and spend the day. I was checking out the map of Del Valle. I've never been there....do you know which camp area you will be at. At the gate it splits off two different directions. Just need a little HELP.

Thanks,

Later,
Larry =D>
Larry
Stockton, CA

regis101
Getting Hooked!

Post by regis101 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 am

http://www.ebparks.org/files/Del_Valle_ ... p+text.pdf

First you will stop at the base of the hill at the very beginning of the park. If there is a Ranger there, tell him about the GTG. You'll be expected. You will also pay the $6 as a second vehicle. Coordinate that with one of the four camp spots.

Cross the bridge and come to a Tee. Turn left. Meander for a short way until the campground entrance appears on the left. Swing down to another kiosk. The open area is in front of you and also down the road to the leftish.

The section to the immediate right at the campground kiosk , Spots 65 -140 is still closed off until April 1st.

We'll be in the lower section with spots 35, 37, 38, 39.

On the map, spots 1-63 are in the upper section. Spots 12-53 are the lower section.

VolksFire
I'm New!

Post by VolksFire » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:59 pm

Point Reyes old school gtg. march 7. 1pm.

this is coming up this saturday. always a nice event. got a dozen or so aircooleds last year. =D>

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4184269
Jahnai
67 Kombi (former Westy)
60 Double Door Panel
63 Single Cab
66 Sunroof Bug
63 Bug
76 Kombi

VolksFire
I'm New!

Post by VolksFire » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Bus City 2009: May 15, 2009 - May 17, 2009

We are setting up an annual camp out in the Russian River area of California - about 2 hours north of San Fran, in Duncans Mills, California.

It shall be called, "BUS CITY".

The dates are Friday, May 15th to Sunday, May 17th. Camping for the 2 nights is $40 per bus.

Anyone interested should email me at brett_vanemst@hotmail.com.

There is information posted here:

http://bigbluevw.blogspot.com/2009/01/c ... pring.html
Jahnai
67 Kombi (former Westy)
60 Double Door Panel
63 Single Cab
66 Sunroof Bug
63 Bug
76 Kombi