Trafton's Annual Gathering

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:43 am

...yet.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

fancy pants
Old School!

Post by fancy pants » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:20 pm

It's me - the guy from the Maupin event who plays guitar - John. Just wanted to clarify - nothing bad that I could ever say about Bill Trafton. You won't find a more honest, straightforward guy anywhere. There were some issues with a rebuild he did for me last fall (or I should say someone in his shop did), but he has more than made up for it - he definitely stands by his work. Anyways, as Gypsie said, I am getting more and more into getting my hands dirty and usually give things a crack myself now before taking it in, but Trafton's is still the place for me. in fact, I just took my 1976 there yesterday after it had failed DEQ twice and I was getting frustrated working without a gas analyzer. Not only did he get it worked out for me, he took it directly to DEQ and handed me the certificate when I picked it up today. There are very few like him...

And yes, I am still selling my 72 Westy, but am having some trouble figuring out where I put the title, so I haven't listed it yet. I will put it on the list as soon as I get a replacement title in...
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback

We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks for chiming in John. I was glad to hear that all was made right and you are in the happy groove again.

Sorry I didn't get with you this week for electricitifyin. P'raps this coming week.

Do you have a multimeter? Harbor freight has el cheapo, decent starter model. go digital if'n the wallet can bear it.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

fancy pants
Old School!

Post by fancy pants » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am

The happy groove is right, at least for the 72, finally (of course I finally get it right, just before it is time to sell it...)
With your help, Gypsie, I hope to get the 76 back on track next. I am out of town until Wednesday, so let me know if you have some free time towards the end of the week. I am looking forward to FI/electrical 101... Send me an email or give me a ring later on.
John
76 Bus - Riviera
81 Mercedes 300TD
05 Golf TDI

Gone but not forgotten:
1972 Bus
1973 Squareback

We are not going to stick anything that dirty down in your hole - Colin, 6/30/2010