Camping this weekend, June 21-22. BEND, Oregon

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

bean5446
Getting Hooked!

Camping this weekend, June 21-22. BEND, Oregon

Post by bean5446 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:10 am

Well, hello. I met a few of you in Maupin this year. I'm Brendan, the coffee roaster shown in a few of Glasseye's wonderful photos. My family and I are headed up the Prineville Reservoir this weekend for a night of camping. Now, I know I'm not air-cooled in my 84 Vanagon (maybe soon the way my wasserboxer seems to have an aversion to keeping coolant in,) but I'm still die hard VW camper. If anyone wants to join our spur of the moment trip, let me know! See ya!

Bean

turk

Post by turk » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Nice area. Post some pics of your trip please. I was through there on route 26 or something two summers ago. Had a great time by myself. A squall came but died out out as it hit the Ochocos and it rained gently on me in the evening on Lookout Mountain. It got a little windy. Felt a lot windy in the pines though.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Re: Camping this weekend, June 21-22. BEND, Oregon

Post by chitwnvw » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:28 pm

bean5446 wrote:Well, hello. I met a few of you in Maupin this year. I'm Brendan, the coffee roaster shown in a few of Glasseye's wonderful photos. My family and I are headed up the Prineville Reservoir this weekend for a night of camping. Now, I know I'm not air-cooled in my 84 Vanagon (maybe soon the way my wasserboxer seems to have an aversion to keeping coolant in,) but I'm still die hard VW camper. If anyone wants to join our spur of the moment trip, let me know! See ya!

Bean
Water cooled is ok in my book. Although my heart belongs to the song of the ACVW. You are welcome here, I think I am safe in writing. I wish you could supply coffee via the internet!

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:43 pm

Nice to meet ya! There's some beautiful country out yer way.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:38 pm

bend has had a tidy little bus/vanagon scene, for a four-wheel drive town. ever get to eugene?

bean5446
Getting Hooked!

Post by bean5446 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:59 pm

I roast for a company called Bellatazza. We do some internet sales, check it out. :) anyway, I still can't believe how many buses and vanagons i see every day. Crazy. we get to Eugene a couple times a year, we hit Cougar hot springs a lot, though Umpqua Hot Springs has a stronger pull now. I'll try and get pictures up soon of last weekend. Took the back way out of Prineville Res. Drove about 30 miles southeast out to hwy 20 all on the smoothest dirt road through some nice valleys. Luckily we made it home wiht no trouble because today the clutch started slipping, I have the transaxle ready to drop out tomorrow after work and a clutch kit on the way.
Bean
1980 Volvo 245 DL, Omar, 397000 miles.
-------------------------------------------------
1987 Vanagon Syncro, Syncro, re-homed.
1984 Vanagon GL Totoro, re-homed.
-------------------------------------------------
I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. - T.S. Eliot