Wooded Wonderland - Galena - IAC Midwest - WWI

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

turk

Post by turk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow! That toilet sounds like the $#!+!! I don't use them, but I do have a 5 gallon sun shower thingy that works really well. You just fill it up and let it warm in the sun and it's good for about 3 or more showers after you hang it from a tree.

That privacy tent is nice. Thanks for getting that.

A few more pics:
Carrol Creek and wild turkeys

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:44 pm

Ahhhh...I kinda miss that midwest spring/summer humid, green, bug-noisy blanket.

Wish we could join you folks in our bus, maybe someday. I drove the I-70 route from E colorado to St Louis about 4 times in 76 Toyota Land Cruiser.

Beautiful places to see and experience in all the states.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

turk

Post by turk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Noisy is right! It seems different every time I go to WW. I guess the various bugs and frogs and stuff have their different, brief curtain calls. But you have the big woods and mountains and all that. Frogs are pretty noisy there too. Flies too in the morning.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:34 pm

turk wrote:Wow! That toilet sounds like the $#!+!!
Here it is, toilet:

[albumimg]1949[/albumimg]

Table. It folds down small, like a chair. Pretty cool. About 40 bucks.

[albumimg]1950[/albumimg]

This was about 30 buck and included the solar shower.

[albumimg]1951[/albumimg]

Overall, I think we will be styling in the Wooded Wonderland! Not roughing at all...well maybe a bit.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:36 pm

A shovel and a wash cloth take up WAY less space.

:geek:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:46 pm

spiffy wrote:A shovel and a wash cloth take up WAY less space.

Hammond folk. :>

turk

Post by turk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 pm

If you need luggage space, I should have some since I won't be taking my canoe. That shower tent is nice.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:16 pm

chitwnvw wrote:
spiffy wrote:A shovel and a wash cloth take up WAY less space.

Hammond folk. :>
:joker:

Just sayin, we don't need no stinkin potty on legs. Dig a hole and squat, wipe, repeat as needed.

Just sayin.
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

turk

Post by turk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:23 pm

You ever hear Bob Log? Classic : "I want Your Shit on My Leg". I'll try to look him up. Crazy one man band from Tucson or something.

turk

Post by turk » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm always up for talkin' shit. I think chitwnvw has something with the 5 gallon drum. Some people (not me) aren't into the whole process of finding a nice remote spot off in the bush to dig and squat, and burn and bury. I love it. I can see why some don't though, with the briars and nettles, and hard-to-find, easy-to-dig spots. Sometimes it can be trying. So, the 5 gallon drum will be a mess to deal with but someone can be responsible for digging a huge hole and dispersing the crap back to nature. It makes it easier on some of the women and those who aren't as used to this sort of crap. I am not volunteering to be the crapmaster yet but I think it's a good idea. We should have a lottery or something. Also, it makes it easier on some with bad knees. They can have an easier time doing it. I actually have a cheap seat for that. It works pretty good.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:25 am

I too prefer the peaceful low tech approach to poop. All you need is a shovel and a roll of toilet paper. I've left small organic gifts all over this great land with nary a consequence.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

turk

Post by turk » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:10 pm

I like my new shitcruiser 3000 with digital focus and gamma disintegrating ray.

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:29 pm

I prefer the new AnalReamer 4000. It's the size of a stick of gum. When you gotta go, you stick it up there and press the button. A couple of flakes fall out. That's it.

The only problem is the girls don't like it. Go figure.

RussellK
IAC Addict!

Post by RussellK » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Just holler out "FULL MOON RISING" when you see your lady heading to the woods. Women love a guy with a sense of humor and I'm telling you she'll never forget it. In Colorado you don't even need a cat scoop the beetles are rolling it way before you're even done. I swear it.

turk

Post by turk » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:52 pm

So hammie, I take it you're out now? Not going to the Galena Reprise? C'mon . We can bury the hatchet. You have a whole month and week to cool off.