August 18th @ Trafton's

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Maz804
Getting Hooked!

August 18th @ Trafton's

Post by Maz804 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 am

Hello friends! I'm taking a 2 week vacation from home up on Whidbey Island to visit some family and friends down here in PDX town, and having a blast traveling Portland in my 1979 Westy!!! :cheers:
Stopped by to see Bill and found out he's having his annual air cooled gathering at his shop on August 18th from 9:00-2:30. Stop by in the morning for some coffee and breakfast stuff, followed by BBQ, sodas, chit chat, and some good air-cooled fellowship! I think it's been going on for about 15 years or so now??
My friend Josh took me by there since I had never been before and it was nice to see a cool old vw shop with hobby stickers all over the old-school fridge, cool old license plates on the walls, black and white floor tiles, old diner stools, and a bunch of old acvw's out in the back. It was nice meeting him and although I've never had the experience of any technical service, his customer service was great and he seemed like a great guy who really loves what he does.
I'd like to make it out there... The only thing that's really stopping me is all the Portland traffic and construction... Guess I'll just mapquest it from my folks out here in Clackamas. :colors:
Not used to all this crazy traffic up there on Whidbey! Hopefully we'll see some of you guys!
Michael

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:35 am

Hey, thanks! Didn't know there was such an event. I'll try to make it, tho my kid wants to go to Saturday Market.
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

Maz804
Getting Hooked!

Post by Maz804 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 am

Hambone, the market sounds good!
I'm planning on going to Trafton's early, chit chat, maybe buy a passenger mirror or a poptop handle or something small that I need, and we'd like to check out Saturday Market. I haven't been there in about 7 years!
Been gone way too long!
Have fun!

dhoch14
Old School!

Post by dhoch14 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:49 am

I gotta work by 11, but should be able to swing by aftewords.

-Dave
93 VW T4 2.4D Cali