Lucky Lab weekend get together

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:29 pm

Yeah....you keep yer 'exhaust' in yer 'basement' and everyone will be juuuust fine!

5'ish.

If yer the first ones there, try to nab some tables to pull together. (I am referring to the all inclusive 'yer').
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Post by ZeppVW » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Ok so i've been outta the loop for a week or two........let me get this straight....

This Saturday, July 28, at the Lucky Lab in Portland at 5pm? Or did I miss something somewhere?

I've got nothin' going on would love to hang out with some bus folk drinkin' beer! (even though I will be without my bus) :pale:
Keep on rockin' in the free world...

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:22 pm

ZeppVW wrote:Ok so i've been outta the loop for a week or two........let me get this straight....

This Saturday, July 28, at the Lucky Lab in Portland at 5pm? Or did I miss something somewhere?

I've got nothin' going on would love to hang out with some bus folk drinkin' beer! (even though I will be without my bus) :pale:
Yep, you got it. Lucky Lab on 9th and Hawthorne, not the one in Multnomah Village. There's a small parking lot in the rear. Hopefully we can get it filled with VW's. If there's no open spots circle the block once or twice. Sometimes you'll get lucky and catch someone leaving. Hope you can make it. We'll be out on the porch with some kind of VW paraphernalia on one of the tables.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:30 pm

Let's plan on doing this again sometime real soon. When I can make it too. :cry:

-John
Keep it acoustic.

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Post by ZeppVW » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:16 pm

LiveonJG wrote:Let's plan on doing this again sometime real soon. When I can make it too. :cry:

-John
i think next time the "out-of-towners" should come visit the bier stein here in Eugene!
Keep on rockin' in the free world...

tristessa
Trusted Air-Cooled Maniac

Post by tristessa » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:02 am

Y'all figure out a day & place and I'm sure some of teh Portland folks'll be there. Eugene isn't really that far, I was down there (well .. Veneta) just last Saturday.
Remember, only YOU can prevent narcissism!

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:31 am

Or you can all swamp the crappy bowling alley in Salem where I now work. Tell 'em the longhair in the back sent ya.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:40 am

DjEep wrote:Or you can all swamp the crappy bowling alley in Salem where I now work. Tell 'em the longhair in the back sent ya.
Congratulations on finding employment. Are you planning on staying in the Salem area?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:42 pm

ZeppVW wrote:
LiveonJG wrote:Let's plan on doing this again sometime real soon. When I can make it too. :cry:

-John
i think next time the "out-of-towners" should come visit the bier stein here in Eugene!
I would love to get back down to Eugene, only been there once but it had such a nice effect on me that everytime I fart I feel compelled to scream "GO DUCKS"!
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:31 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
DjEep wrote:Or you can all swamp the crappy bowling alley in Salem where I now work. Tell 'em the longhair in the back sent ya.
Congratulations on finding employment. Are you planning on staying in the Salem area?

-John
Well, I'm employed, and at least it's in mechanics of sorts, but the coffee shop that hired my GF fired her as soon as she showed up today second day because the 17y/o manager was threatened by her qualifications and lack of makeup.

Now we don't know what to do. Eugene is an option, but it means starting over again. Salem is proving to be a little to "red" for us, and Silverton, the place that drew us here, is proving hard to find a place in.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Westy78
IAC Addict!

Post by Westy78 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 pm

DJ I think you should come up and check out the Hawthorne area in Portland. I think you'd like it although some areas can be spendy as far as housing goes. If you're coming up on Saturday the Lab is right on Hawthorne. I think the concentration of VW's in that area is more than anywhere else around here.
Chorizo, it's what's for breakfast.

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:58 pm

I gotta work this Saturday until 10pm. No Lab for me.

Can't go anywhere right now, since I'm broke until my first paycheck.

Elwood
IAC Addict!

Post by Elwood » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:14 am

DjEep, thought it might give your gal a giggel to know I too got fired on tues after being hired back for a two day a week job. When I left for this trip I thought I would be back by 4th of July. Not at all possible and I emailed the owners to say so and tell them I was sorry and do what they had to do to fill my place. Well they did by hiring a jerk of a dude that told me that I was crazy to go to the NORTH POLE in a vw bus in all that snow and ice. I tried to explain to him that it was the Land of the Midnight Sun and not at all cold. All I have to say about any of this is , You and your gal need your own place and space to be happy. Open up your own coffee-tea place and fuck what anybody else does. You two got something special going~go for it :cheers: Love B/E
'69 weekender ~ Elwood

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:34 am

It worked out fine now, her phone was ringing all day w/ job offers, which ened w/ a full time management position, and we got a good vibe going on a couple houses.

And as for my evil side, that one day of work was enough fodder to go to the labor board and report them for violation of privacy (no warning before a drug test) and withholding of pay (must be paid within 24 hrs of termination, says the great state of Oregon).

That and they lost the best employee they would have ever had over a piss test and a dumb teen's impression.

Sooooo... Maybe I will make it up to PDX sometime in the none-to-distant future. Might have to come down with the "bowling alley corndog stomach flu" and leave a little early some monday nite.

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:30 pm

Salem! Ouch. Land of big hair where Bon Jovi is still on his pedestal. Stagnation rules.

Silverton! Quaint, but pretty dang inbred. Not much in the way of employment, though. Mac's place gets better music than anything in Salem, and don't forget Silverton Air-cooled with Mr. Ball. ACME in Salem is on the Silverton side of Salem.

Done my time in both, with too much time in Salem obviously.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.