vw bus oregon country fair camp in

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

vw bus oregon country fair camp in

Post by skin daddio » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:34 am

for those who want to go to the fair this year, and take your bus but don't want the expense of camping near the site [or want to get away from mosquitos at night] you can stay at my place next door. i don't think the house will be ready to be rented by fair time. we can handle 10-12 buses and awnings. we have thick green grass for bus pilots with tents. this is an IAC family exclusive. come early, stay late.

check the dates, schedules
http://oregoncountryfair.org/

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Nice Steve! Seeing as I'm just across the river, I'll probably just stop by. Don't reserve a space for me.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

hambone
Post-Industrial Non-Secular Mennonite

Post by hambone » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:29 am

Not sure, that's the same weekend my kid comes in from Chicago...so probably not. It's a lot of fun, I wish I could make it...
http://greencascadia.blogspot.com
http://pdxvolksfolks.blogspot.com
it balances on your head just like a mattress balances on a bottle of wine
your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat

ZeppVW
Getting Hooked!

Re: vw bus oregon country fair camp in

Post by ZeppVW » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:47 pm

skin daddio wrote:for those who want to go to the fair this year, and take your bus but don't want the expense of camping near the site [or want to get away from mosquitos at night] you can stay at my place next door. i don't think the house will be ready to be rented by fair time. we can handle 10-12 buses and awnings. we have thick green grass for bus pilots with tents. this is an IAC family exclusive. come early, stay late.

check the dates, schedules
http://oregoncountryfair.org/
i've never attended the country fair.....heard lots about it though. I'll have to check it out this year.
Keep on rockin' in the free world...

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:32 pm

country fair turned out to be a crazy trip sidewards. using the 69 sunroof riviera i took my wife and two boys to a supersmall oregon coast town called yachats on wednesday, mainly to drop off pots and get out of the valley heat. found the killer-steathy spot at the end of a mountain road overlooking the village and ocean. nice spot for whale watching since yachats has a fat and lively river that never gets dredged at the inlet. what a brilliant view from above. the road was semi-roughed for about 20 fancy houses to come. it rained softly and was perfect renegade camping. thursday night i drove back to eugene and went to fair late on friday. we were able to catch baby gramps in an early aftenoon show. he was in excellent rare form. later in the afternoon we found artis at the daredevil stage. he was a little more lucid this year. eventually artis yells to the audience that he's bi-polar letting the adults know that his behavior is ok [well, checked by meds] 1/3 of the people leave, and spoons come out for one last half-hearted session for the day. otherwise time was spent at the 10x10 chess board for all day round robin single elimination or people watching.

saturday we drove out to the sweet spot in yachats one more time bringing daughter with. spot was "reserved" and we re-ran the wed/thur show for her. too hippy to pull it together to return to veneta for sunday fair; we took a vote and spent yet another night in our private hideout. perfectly clean and healthful salt air, beachcombing, and tidepooling wins out.

its hard sometimes when the swimming holes and ocean are in opposite directions but this year i'm lovin' the cold ocean water. as for fair, perhaps we'll try harder next year. significantly fewer buses at the fair this year. hmmm..times changing..

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:36 pm

skin daddio wrote:significantly fewer buses at the fair this year. hmmm..times changing..
I noticed that last year too. As it turned out we did not make it out this time around, one less bus. Maybe next year. Times are a'changing indeed. Hey Zepp, did you make it out?

-John
Keep it acoustic.

skin daddio
IAC Addict!

Post by skin daddio » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:17 am

john, next year - let's plan better on it. we should form a subcommittee in the meantime. this year must have gotten away.

where does the time go..

speaking of changes, it looks like the acvw space at b & r eugene is no longer. that spot [row 25] was set aside for a couple dozen of them.