IAC North East get together

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

vwbuff
Getting Hooked!

IAC North East get together

Post by vwbuff » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi,
Is anyone interested in organizing an IAC gather this summer? I'm in
Canada and it makes more sense to me to have someone state side to do
it.
Our local group is organizing one in Nova Scotia this summer, but the
date is not yet confirmed.I will keep this thread up to date.
Hey the the folks out west and mid west are doing it, why can't we.

Wayne

77' Rivera
Nova Scotia
77 Riviera 2.0L FI Boston Bob
71 Ghia

vintage vdubbers

deschutestrout
IAC Addict!

Post by deschutestrout » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:55 pm

Ataway! The Pacific NW bus group is becoming a well organized (eh'em....well, anyways) good group of friends...it's great that you're trying to do the same out east. All it takes is a central location...campsite...relatively "easy" drive...and communication. Good luck...it is great to have a bunch of busers (boozers in our case :drunken: ) hanging together and helping each other out with technical stuff.
"You're not always obligated to paint an outhouse." Ruckman 2011

zblair
The Zster

Post by zblair » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:42 am

Jeffrey and I are going to be in Upstate NY in mid-june for my stepson's high school graduation. We won't have our bus but we'll probably appreciate a drink or two and some company if this can work out. We'll be near Central NY (Southern Tier) near Ithaca and driving distance from Syracuse...Just tossing that into the hat!
1974 T1 Super Beetle "Fweem"
2017 Honda HRV "Domina"

"Love something? Serve it."
~Roshni Mitra

Vdubtech
IAC Addict!

Post by Vdubtech » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:51 pm

Finally some IAC Northeast Activity. I knew I couldn't be the only one over here on this side of the map.....

ZBlair...I live in Syracuse and mid June is a gorgeous time of year here in Central NY. There is a campground just up the road from Ithaca in the heart of the Finger Lakes Wine Country that my wife and I found one lazy weekend while out in our Bus. 6 wineries within a mile. Beautiful country. I would be more than happy to try and arrange something with the campground if I could get a few people interested. Do you happen to know the dates you will be in town? Litchfield is the weekend of the 17th so that's out....

Here's a link to the campground website....

http://www.sned-acres.com/

Sean Gallagher
Addicted!

Post by Sean Gallagher » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:03 am

:profileright:

rcnotes
I'm New!

Post by rcnotes » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:20 pm

My wife and I have been to Nova Scotia many times and have friends who live Baddeck on Cape Breton Island. Do a search for Beinn Bhreagh (Gaelic for beautiful mountain) and see what you find. Our friends own property and live there year round.

We'd love to know when other bus pilots/owners drivers are going to NS.

There is a good possibility that we might be able to have a place for all of us to camp and have access to some amenities (like a shower!) depending on when everyone want to go there.

If Randy reads this, I'd like to hear from you.

Rick and Myrna

iwantmybustorun
Addicted!

Post by iwantmybustorun » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 am

I'd be down for a NY trip. I have a few friends with busses or vans that don't post here but would be willing to meet up for a vw weekend. Let's keep this idea roling. I know there are many more in the area... members of the ct vw association maybe.
73 Westy
Weber single progressive
[Crane ignition system out]
SVDA and points

Randy in Maine
IAC Addict!

Post by Randy in Maine » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:36 pm

Sure I would be up for it. Hell I have a bus, I can sleep anywhere and it is OK.

Litchfield is Father's day. We are headed to Cape Breton/PEI in September. Other than that we are open.
79 VW Bus