Bug Jam Nov 9th, anyone going?

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

weisswurst
Addicted!

Re: Bug Jam Nov 9th, anyone going?

Post by weisswurst » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:04 pm

Got another drainplug photo to compare against the Currywurst plug writeup from Colin, (no syncro keys this time thank goodness!) :flower: I did NOT do these shifts I swear!! :blackeye:

All in all that's all the fluids now including coolant and a pretty good brake bleed with new rebuild kit for the front calipers so now it's time to run her hard here at the farm but first the Jam on Sunday, looks like 90% chance or rain :silent: eep!
hope to see some IAC guys there!
jeff
Attachments
photo 2.jpg
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:40 am

weisswurst wrote:Got another drainplug photo to compare against the Currywurst plug writeup from Colin, (no syncro keys this time thank goodness!) :flower: I did NOT do these shifts I swear!! :blackeye:

hope to see some IAC guys there!
jeff

So you just missed the "palm tree" classification of metal on that drain plug.
Better than the "plane crash in the palm tree" classification that Currywurst won.

I hope to see some IAC guys . . . here. :geek:
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

weisswurst
Addicted!

Post by weisswurst » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:08 am

No rain on the actual day (just really bad the night before at the campsite)
I'm really glad I invested in that used "california car cover" :flower:
I found on CL last year from a guy who sold his vanagon and didn't need it as it kept the Sinka's gap between the
tent and the cab bone dry! That area took weeks to dry out after Hurricane season in South Florida! :pale:

Great day and great show with LOTS of stuff going on and a big swap area too, I even got to meet Hobug!

pic from early in the day before the field filled up, (one of 3 fields BTW) :cyclopsani:

jeff
Attachments
photo.JPG
"I drink, therefore yes ma'am..."

Hobug
Getting Hooked!

Post by Hobug » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 am

I just got back from Bug Jam after a stay at the beach. The show was bigger than ever and seemed to be better organized with a new group running it. Only complaint I have is that the swap meet was in a muddy area and not on the grass like everything else.

I did get to meet weisswurst. That was cool. It was on my list to find him and as we were thinking about leaving I heard a diesel engine fire up, looked across the field and there he was.

Good times. =D>
76 Westy
69 Squareback (auto)
63 Bug
73 Thing (Type 4 powered)

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Hobug wrote:I just got back from Bug Jam after a stay at the beach. The show was bigger than ever and seemed to be better organized with a new group running it. Only complaint I have is that the swap meet was in a muddy area and not on the grass like everything else.

I did get to meet weisswurst. That was cool. It was on my list to find him and as we were thinking about leaving I heard a diesel engine fire up, looked across the field and there he was.

Good times. =D>
Man, I wudda cudda shudda come, but I have pieces of my chariot all over the place here.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles