Avery's Air-Cooled Open House

Post articles about your club or any upcoming events.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Avery's Air-Cooled Open House

Post by ruckman101 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

http://www.averysaircooled.com/events/

New owners, new location. Looks like it could be fun. They just got moved to Kelso from Woodland. I hear their inventory is much more organized now. And they do have inventory.

Not sure at this point if I'll be able to make it. Might be in Seattle for a photo gig.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Avery's Air-Cooled Open House

Post by Amskeptic » Mon May 19, 2014 10:13 am

ruckman101 wrote:http://www.averysaircooled.com/events/

New owners, new location. Looks like it could be fun. They just got moved to Kelso from Woodland. I hear their inventory is much more organized now. And they do have inventory.

Not sure at this point if I'll be able to make it. Might be in Seattle for a photo gig.

neal
i'd like to visit them when I am out there . . .
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Ronin10
Getting Hooked!

Post by Ronin10 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:35 pm

I've gotten stuff from them when they were with the old owners in the indoor warehouse in Woodlawn. Being a trawler of junkyards, I loved the chaos of it. Haven't been to the new location, but have called them regarding a few parts. Maybe when you're here in August, we can both make the trip down. Could be fun.
Oscar: 1976 Sage Green Bus, Stock Motor, Solid Lifters, Manual Transaxle

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:56 pm

I didn't make the open house. But certainly am up for a visit if I don't make it there before then, and even then.

neal

Ronin10
Getting Hooked!

Post by Ronin10 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:10 am

Colin's at my place (Renton) on 1 August which is a Friday. If Colin's schedule allows the following day, it could be fun to descend on Avery's like locusts...or maybe vultures...hmm...a herd of elephants?

Regardless, they're open 10am - 2:30pm on Saturdays.
Oscar: 1976 Sage Green Bus, Stock Motor, Solid Lifters, Manual Transaxle

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Post by ruckman101 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 pm

I made it to the re-located, new ownership Avery's this past Tuesday. Dug it.

The stock moved in a two month window from huge indoor industrial warehouse space, to sheltered RR storage containers and carports, and various other smaller buildings. Some of the property is still monopolized by "stuff" the prior owner has yet to get moved.

Met Jason, the new ownership. And you know, right now, he knows what he has in terms of categorized and locations known. That wasn't true in their old location. I had asked many times if they had a driver's side window regulator for a 1970 Karmann Ghia. They were never sure. And they never bothered to look apparently, because?? Don't know. Lost a grip on what they had where? Didn't care, bigger fish to fry?

Jason found one. Then I asked about the rear reflector lens that has the bolt I broke off on mine that holds the assembly to the body. Nope. But he knew where to look. Forgot to ask about rear axle spacers for Bertha. I was his first Ghia guy.

The weekend of August 1 is going to find me points south keeping my mum out of trouble while my sister is away at a music fest. Fortunately it's near Salem, so am going to visit House of Ghia for the second time.

neal