32-34 PDSIT - Won't Idle

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Mase_00_7
I'm New!

32-34 PDSIT - Won't Idle

Post by Mase_00_7 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:07 am

I thought I would start a new thread as I have extensively searched a few forums and I can't seem to find much info.

Basically I have a Type 4 1800 with the factory dual Solex carbs running 135 mains, 155 air correction and 50 pilot jets (i.e. basic 1700 specs except for the 135 mains in place of the 137.5's)

I have recently fully rebuilt the engine and carbs, and it is all fitted up and broken in (cam that is).

Now, only trouble is I cannot get the engine to idle. I have set the throttle stops to a fraction over 1/4 turn in (I had the carbs off the engine and made sure the vac retard was uncovered and the vac advance was covered), fuel level was 14mm below the top of the carb bowl, fuel pressure set to 2 1/2psi and I set all the mixture screws etc out to about 2 1/2 to 3 turns out.

Since running it I have backed off all the screws by a fair amount and it will now just about run at 500 rpm on it's own (although I think that it's on the fast idle cam), so what could be causing such a dramatically low idle?

I have backed out the Central Idle Speed screw to about 4 1/2 turns and still no idle...

Thanks in advance,

Paul.