A Video of a '76 Bus with aftermarket Solexes running lean.

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

A Video of a '76 Bus with aftermarket Solexes running lean.

Post by BellePlaine » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:28 am

This is a video of my Brosol/Solex H32/34 PDSI-3 carbs after I rebuilt them. These carbs had never been used on my bus' engine before I rebuilt them and as you can see they were running really lean.

I'm posting this video to show an example of undersized jets. After I drilled out the main jets my bus no longer backfires. And I'm planning on replacing these carbs something this summer with fuel injection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8hiBRvCllw
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: A Video of a '76 Bus with aftermarket Solexes running le

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:25 pm

BellePlaine wrote:This is a video of my Brosol/Solex H32/34 PDSI-3 carbs after I rebuilt them. These carbs had never been used on my bus' engine before I rebuilt them and as you can see they were running really lean.

I'm posting this video to show an example of undersized jets. After I drilled out the main jets my bus no longer backfires. And I'm planning on replacing these carbs something this summer with fuel injection.
Were your mixture screws way out? Drilling jets means you must not ever sell those carbs wiothout warning the new owner that any numbers on them will be meaningless.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

BellePlaine
IAC Addict!

Post by BellePlaine » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
BellePlaine wrote:This is a video of my Brosol/Solex H32/34 PDSI-3 carbs after I rebuilt them. These carbs had never been used on my bus' engine before I rebuilt them and as you can see they were running really lean.

Were your mixture screws way out? Drilling jets means you must not ever sell those carbs wiothout warning the new owner that any numbers on them will be meaningless.
Colin
Fair enough, I'll provide the full discloser. I was thinking of selling them along with a new YouTube video of how they run now.
1975 Riviera we call "Spider-Man"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:51 pm

BellePlaine wrote:I'll provide the full discloser. I was thinking of selling them along with a new YouTube video of how they run now.
Were your idle screws turned way out but still lean before the drilling event? I ask, because that would be evidence of either small jets or low float levels.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles