Placement of these two FI wires

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

sgkent
Addicted!

Placement of these two FI wires

Post by sgkent » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:47 pm

I have been unable to find these two wires in any of my FI manuals, Bentley or the Orange book and supplement. The PO had most of the FI disconnected so I haven't a clue. The wires go to pins 9 and 12 on the fuel injection harness connector. The pin 9 throws me because it also goes to another connector that attaches to the AFM.

TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

sgkent
Addicted!

Post by sgkent » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Well, I did some Google research and a Samba post from Karl, God rest his soul, popped up. I guess he is still with the community in the way he loved best - helping others. He said in the post that they aren't used in a USA bus, only used in the European models for an altitude sensor.
TBone208 wrote: "You ppl are such windbags. Go use your crystal ball to get rich & predict something meaningful. Nobody knows what's going to happen. How are we supposed to take ppl who don't know the definition of a recession & "woman" seriously?"

Merlin The Wrench

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:23 am

God bless Karl. We were just discussing these wires in another thread and it does seem that they are unused. Thanks for doing some confirming research.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:52 am

=D>

thank you for sharing your research.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....