Carb Junky's Carburetors

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Carb Junky's Carburetors

Post by Sylvester » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:37 am

Carb Junky's Carburetors, found them here in Atlanta.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:01 am

Hiya Sly,

You planning on checking them out personally? I have heard some pretty good things about them and their product. If you go out to visit them, I'd be interested to know just what sort of real-world operation they run.....if any.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 am

Bookwus wrote:Hiya Sly,

You planning on checking them out personally? I have heard some pretty good things about them and their product. If you go out to visit them, I'd be interested to know just what sort of real-world operation they run.....if any.
Gads, they are down the road from where I work. I need to check them out, I need a carb and potentially have to to use as core's.
Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue, I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace. Where never lark, or even eagle flew. And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod, The high untrespassed sanctity of space, Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:14 am

Sylvester wrote:
Bookwus wrote:Hiya Sly,

Gads, they are down the road from where I work. I need to check them out, I need a carb and potentially have to to use as core's.
If they check out, we'll put them in the engine vendor list.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 am

Found these guys down the road from me too, Krusty Karb. Sending them an email to see how much to rebuild my "krusty" 34PICT3 and turn around time. Cost for the swap from Carb Junky's Carburetors, they called me this morning and quoted me $159, core included.

Krusty Karb website:

http://www.krustykarbsrestoration.com/

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 am

Sylvester wrote:Found these guys down the road from me too, Krusty Karb. Sending them an email to see how much to rebuild my "krusty" 34PICT3 and turn around time. Cost for the swap from Carb Junky's Carburetors, they called me this morning and quoted me $159, core included.

Krusty Karb website:

http://www.krustykarbsrestoration.com/
What's in a name? Gotta tell ya 'Carb Junky's' and 'Krusty Karb' don't inspire a lot of confidence. Hopefully they do good work, but I bet they'd increase their business by simply changing their name to something like 'Precision Carburetor' or something that sounds like they know what they're doing. You have to do good work in order to get repeat customers and good word-of-mouth, but you've got to get potential customers to seriously consider you first. I'm no marketing expert, but this seems basic.
- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:47 am

Hiya Dick,

Must be the "down home" approach to marketing.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

Sylvester
Bad Old Puddy Tat.

Post by Sylvester » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:23 pm

OK, the votes are tallied. I did email Keith and his quote is on a case by case basis, and I consider Keith of Kiefernet fame the only true "quality" quote with references, so me posting it here would be silly. However, Krusty Karb did reply back to me, and they quoted this:
It is $110 +shipping (5-8 bucks due to being in GA) for full ultrasonic cleaning, re-bush throttle shaft, and rebuild of the 34 PICT3. If you want a re-bush only, it is $45 plus shipping. Turn around in still 2-3 days due to cleaning process and rebuild time.
And I never did picture Krusty the Clown when I though about the name of Krusty Karb, but I do now.

keifernet
Getting Hooked!

Post by keifernet » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:48 pm

The guy who is Krusty Karbs e mailed me several times asking for price quotes on carbs over the course of a year... then he popped up with his ad on the samba...

I never claimed to be the only game in town... so it's all good.

Those who have dealt with me either will do so again or they won't. And those who don't certainly have a choice in the "free market society".. at least for now :geek: :joker: :drunken:

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Post by Bookwus » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Hey Keith!

Is your e-mail down?

I sent you an e-mail last week and have not had a response. But more to the point I recommended you to a guy who needs a 34PICT3 set up for an AutoStick and he's saying he can't get a response from you either. Better hurry on this one, he's now talking to Carb Junkys.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

keifernet
Getting Hooked!

Post by keifernet » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Bookwus wrote:Hey Keith!

Is your e-mail down?

I sent you an e-mail last week and have not had a response. But more to the point I recommended you to a guy who needs a 34PICT3 set up for an AutoStick and he's saying he can't get a response from you either. Better hurry on this one, he's now talking to Carb Junkys.
No my e mail is fine... samba PM's working too... so is my cell phone which is listed in my ad.... :joker: :geek:

I was busy like so many others finalizing some tax paperwork for several days and that took precedence over anything else. This allowed my e mail to fill up with several days of messages that I am just getting around to going back through.

I stay busy and can't give everyone the "insta service" they think they need or should get with a few clicks of the mouse... homey don't work that fast... so if they want to go to another vendor then that's certainly an option.