Yet another FI fuel line Q

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

misszora
IAC Addict!

Post by misszora » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Randy in Maine wrote:They are really handy when you want to clamp off a vacuum line also.
Awesome. Money well spent then.
Miss Zora - '77 VW Riviera Hard Top Campmobile
Dharma Bug - '69 VW Bug
The Vandejo - '74 VW Westfalia Poptop (former mom)

misszora
IAC Addict!

Post by misszora » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Randy in Maine wrote:They are really handy when you want to clamp off a vacuum line also.
Only spilled a drop or two of gas. They are very cool little devices.
Here's a pic of me holding one before crawling under the bus.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3147/259 ... ae5f_o.jpg
Miss Zora - '77 VW Riviera Hard Top Campmobile
Dharma Bug - '69 VW Bug
The Vandejo - '74 VW Westfalia Poptop (former mom)

DjEep
IAC Addict!

Post by DjEep » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm

Bump!

Does the 10mm line between filter and pump need to be spiffy hi-pres line? I can't find it anywhere, and 3/8" just don't cut it.
"Live life, love life. Enjoy the pleasures and the sorrows. For it is the bleak valleys, the dark corners that make the peaks all the more magnificent. And once you realize that, you begin to see the beauty hidden within those valleys, and learn to love the climb." - Anonymous

Do you want to Survive? Or do you want to LIVE?

LiveonJG
IAC Jester!
Location: Standing on the side of the road, rain falling on my shoes.

Post by LiveonJG » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:19 pm

DjEep wrote:Bump!

Does the 10mm line between filter and pump need to be spiffy hi-pres line? I can't find it anywhere, and 3/8" just don't cut it.
The correct answer is probably yes... however I just have a section of fabric braided hose there. I check it every now and then and so far it's ok, been about a year or so. I do have one of German Supply's nifty replacement kits but that project has yet to be tackled.

-John
Keep it acoustic.

IFBwax
IAC Addict!

Post by IFBwax » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 pm

I believe I got that line from BMW... or maybe Mercedes. The Ratwell website has the part number.
The best navigators aren't sure where they're going until they get there. And then they're still not sure.

Frank Bama

http://www.partypickle.blogspot.com

bretski
Ellipsis-Meister
Ellipsis-Meister

Post by bretski » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:28 pm

LiveonJG wrote:
DjEep wrote:Bump!

The correct answer is probably yes... however I just have a section of fabric braided hose there. I check it every now and then and so far it's ok, been about a year or so. I do have one of German Supply's nifty replacement kits but that project has yet to be tackled.

-John
This section of the fuel system is not under high pressure, so it doesn't have to be reinforced hose. However, I'm anal-retentive when it comes to fuel lines, so I do have FI hose there. :cherry:

You should be able to buy it (10mm FI hose) from your friendly neighborhood Mercedes-Benz dealer or mechanic.
1978 Deluxe Westfalia - "Klaus"

"transcripts are overrated. hardware store receipts: those are useful." --skin daddio

dtrumbo
IAC Addict!

Post by dtrumbo » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm

- Dick

1970 Transporter. 2015cc, dual Weber IDF 40's
1978 Riviera Camper. Bone stock GE 2.0L F.I.
1979 Super Beetle convertible.

... as it turns out, it was the coil!