Sykboy's Bus

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DurocShark
IAC Addict!

Sykboy's Bus

Post by DurocShark » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:16 pm

I spent a few more hours at Syk's today.

I popped off the cover to his AFM and found the tracks cut all the way through to the little wires. Especially at the far right where the wiper arm dances during cranking.

Guess why his bus has trouble starting? heh

I put the AFM from the Guac in there and it started better. Still kinda hard to start, but better. (And if you pump the pedal while it's still cold, the engine will make a "WOMP" sound and die... I always associated that with vacuum leaks... Thoughts?)

The AFM was rebuilt by FIC back in 94 judging by the sticker. It already has a pretty wide set of tracks. It looks like they doglegged the wiper arm already. Syk's got pics so hopefully soon he'll post them so you can see what I'm talking about, but it really doesn't seem like there's room to bend the wiper anymore.

His bus is a 76 but he has a 78 FI setup in there. The 6-pin 76 AFM is in the cab. He still has that stuff too.

Anyway, I think we made some signifigant progress today. Now if someone would just come find the vacuum leak the Guac seems to have developed, I'd be a happy man!

thesykboy
Getting Hooked!

Post by thesykboy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 pm

Here is the picture I took. I also started a thread over in general Type 2 as well (sorry Duroc, didn't get your message until too late).

[albumimg]655[/albumimg]