F.I 78 bus

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

DonB.
I'm New!

F.I 78 bus

Post by DonB. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm

I have a 2.0 engine 78 bus, recently replaced with a long block. My "mechanic" friend failed to tag several electrical wires on top of engine. We plugged up the cables going to injectors,but I have 3 more left over. They look like plugs, any ideas, Pictures ?

Thanks in advance, Don B.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Re: F.I 78 bus

Post by asiab3 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi Don, congrats on a first post that is both legible and coherent! ;)

If you had plugs that (when new) were blueish, brown, and black, those would be for the Cold Start Valve (CSV), Thermo Time Switch (TTS), and Auxillary Air Regulator (AAR) respectively. They may be dirty from age, so the colors are best viewed inside the socket.

After four decades of use, the wire will tend to have a "set" so it won't like to be bent. Try to install it the way it wants to set, and make sure no wires are chafing on any metal edges, like the edge of the intake plenum.

Are you familiar with what these acronym-based components are?

Welcome to IAC,
Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 am

DonB. wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm
I have a 2.0 engine 78 bus, recently replaced with a long block. My "mechanic" friend failed to tag several electrical wires on top of engine. We plugged up the cables going to injectors,but I have 3 more left over. They look like plugs, any ideas, Pictures ?

Thanks in advance, Don B.
Pictures? We gots pictures:

BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

DonB.
I'm New!

Post by DonB. » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 am

Thanks for the reply, will tackle this weekend. This is my first bus, looking forward to having it back on the road soon.
Real sure I will be be back with questions,enjoy seeing the VW family having fun! Take care, Don