Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Ford Ranger fuel pump substitute for Bosch fuel pump for

Post by Amskeptic » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

TrollFromDownBelow wrote: I find it incredible how well it runs now, especially considering that I have a plug frozen in a helicoil with 15k + miles (I put on 15k; God knows how many miles before I got it), the other head has a broken exhaust stud boss and exhaust leak.
don't want to monkey with something that runs so good. Bought this engine years ago for a net of $250...i'd say i got my money's worth.
Keep driving. Sometimes a VW has a heart and you just have to let it live. Like Vdubtech's Rustybus, you could have a wholly unexpected several years of good fun.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 93,996 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,113 miles

TrollFromDownBelow
IAC Addict!

Post by TrollFromDownBelow » Fri May 01, 2015 7:57 am

I pulled the Lincoln into the garage when I pulled out the bus the other day. Seriously thinking of leaving it parked in the garage for the remainder of the summer, and alternating between the Harley and the bus. The only down side is, I'm not too keen on leaving the bus out in the rain. I've got some minor surface rust around the windshield, and a few other places....that have stayed minor for the 10 years I've owned it, as it is always garage kept. I know I need to fix, but realistically, may not happen until fall.
1976 VW Bus aka tripod
FI ...8 completely solid lifters.... now it's both kinda noisy and leaky, but she sure runs good!
hambone wrote: There are those out there with no other aim but to bunch panties. It's like arguing with a pretzel.
::troll2::

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat May 02, 2015 5:44 am

TrollFromDownBelow wrote:I pulled the Lincoln into the garage when I pulled out the bus the other day. Seriously thinking of leaving it parked in the garage for the remainder of the summer, and alternating between the Harley and the bus. The only down side is, I'm not too keen on leaving the bus out in the rain. I've got some minor surface rust around the windshield, and a few other places....that have stayed minor for the 10 years I've owned it, as it is always garage kept. I know I need to fix, but realistically, may not happen until fall.
(Read up on our windshield removals/bondo/paint/reinstall procedures, they are doable in a weekend.
Colin)
(in parentheses because it is rather parenthetical to fuel pumps)
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 93,996 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,113 miles