Temperature Sensor II - fuel percentage adder table needed

Carbs & F.I.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

luftvagon
Old School!

Temperature Sensor II - fuel percentage adder table needed

Post by luftvagon » Thu May 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Does anyone know corresponding fuel percentage adder for the TSII for the L-Jetronic? Even rough estimates would be ok.. I've read somewhere its 30% at the coldest point, but can't find any additional data to back that up.

If I don't find this, I may have to bench drive the ECU. I figure someone must have figured this out already.
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Temperature Sensor II - fuel percentage adder table need

Post by Amskeptic » Fri May 23, 2014 2:14 pm

luftvagon wrote:Does anyone know corresponding fuel percentage adder for the TSII for the L-Jetronic? Even rough estimates would be ok.. I've read somewhere its 30% at the coldest point, but can't find any additional data to back that up.

If I don't find this, I may have to bench drive the ECU. I figure someone must have figured this out already.
What is the measurement variable "30%" of what/when/why/where/who?
Injector pulse time?
Fuel ratio?
Fuel quantity

Why not reverse engineer analyze?
With a warm engine (310 is a typical Dakota Digital idling head temp) at a known fuel ratio (let's say 14.3 at 950 rpm) and a known 60 ohms at the TS II, let's say, you go get the other TS II out of the freezer and plug it in and ground it, quick. What is the fuel ratio now?
ColinOrSumpin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

luftvagon
Old School!

Re: Temperature Sensor II - fuel percentage adder table need

Post by luftvagon » Sat May 24, 2014 3:15 pm

You will love this... I made a test jig to fake the RPM signal, and potentiometer to fake the TSII... this will get interesting..

I'll start a new thread -- excuse the mess..
1981 Volkswagen Vanagon Westfalia - air-cooled Type4 1970cc CV (hydraulic lifters, 42x36 valves, stock cam, microSquirt FI with wasted spark ignition)
1993 Ford F-250 XL LWB Extended Cab 7.3L IDI