L63H Sage Green

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

the sage
Bus Ad Archivist

L63H Sage Green

Post by the sage » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:32 am

OK Fellas,

Why can't I find the PPG painting code for this color?

Sage L63H 1977 Camper Only...

I have looked at dozens of photos of buses, usually too dark, and not enough yellow in the color.

Is there a source that I can order this color paint? I prefer PPG, but I will go OG Glasurit if I have to.

The local Napa and other Paint Shops keep "Fooling with it" but can't get the color correct.

I have been to the PPG site, the Glasurit site as well, and no luck finding this color....

1) Is there an accurate PPG code for L63H?

2) I can not find paint at Bus Depot any longer, who sells the OG Glasurit that will ship?

3) Is there a national vendor where I can get a 2 step process paint shipped to me (as I do not trust the local operations)...

Any help would be appreciated.
1977 Sage Deluxe Campermobile

Visit VW Sage Ad World Today!

JereandJess
Getting Hooked!

Post by JereandJess » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:04 pm

I used http://www.paintscratch.com for our 92 Subaru that I did some rust repair on. The color match was absolutely perfect.

I have not gotton the sage green yet from them, but will probably, since you said we can't get it from busdepot anymore. :-(

If you do get some, let me know how it works out. I think I remember them having a 100% satisfaction match guarantee.

Good luck!
Jeremy

~Jeremy (and Jessica)
77 Sage Green Westfalia 2.0 FI
78 Blue Landmark camper 2.0 FI
69 Beetle

busdepot
I'm New!

Post by busdepot » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:30 am

Volkswagen/North America stopped carrying VW made touch up paint. Now they subcontract to an aftermarket company who ships the paint to the dealerships. Much of the paint went up in price by 300 to 600 percent and they discontinued some of the older colors. If I'm not mistaken, sage green (also referred to as tiaga green, as I recall) was one of them, but you could check with your local dealership to make sure. We stopped carrying all of the VW paint when they made this change.
- Ron Salmon
The Bus Depot, Inc.
www.busdepot.com

VWGirl
Getting Hooked!

Post by VWGirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:00 am

i have touch up paint in sage green that i ordered from paintscratch. its a perfect match and i was even able to get it in single stage

karl
Getting Hooked!

Post by karl » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:42 am

L63H was not 77 only.

It was used as far back as 1975 to 1979.

It was also called Tiaga green, besides Sage green. Depending on the bus seller.

Tiaga green was the name used by Volkswagen AG.

Sage green was the name used by Volkswagen of America.

L63H IS the paint code. A good paint store can mix it to that code. You need to go elsewhere.

The Dulux code for L63H is 30087. Not sure if it is available in the USA.