'78 Automatic Transmission Reverse Switch Wiring

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

left handed kennedy
I'm New!

'78 Automatic Transmission Reverse Switch Wiring

Post by left handed kennedy » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:04 pm

I have been searching all over for a diagram for the reverse switch on a '78 automatic bus and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know what the five wires coming from the shifter are for?
Thanks in advance.
1978 Westfalia- grey over black (all flat).

I'm only wearing black till they come up with something darker.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: '78 Automatic Transmission Reverse Switch Wiring

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:34 am

left handed kennedy wrote:I have been searching all over for a diagram for the reverse switch on 78 automatic bus. Can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know what the five wires coming from the shifter are for?
Thanks in advance.
Hey long time no.

Lemmee look into it.
ColinInMissoulaMontana
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

left handed kennedy
I'm New!

Post by left handed kennedy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:51 pm

It has been a long time. I see you're still out roaming the country, far and wide, bringing knowledge to the uninformed, unwashed masses.

Yea, I have been working on the frankenbus slowly for a while now since the fire. Taking my time (ignoring it) and working slowly (ignoring it), but I'm now at the time that I need to finish it and fire it up.

I have gone ahead and redone the entire wiring system since most of the vital parts where lost in the fire. I'm using the Watson Streetworks VW wiring kit with the bus extension. Everything is going in very well. The FI is still controlled by a megasquirt ecu that was working far beyond my expectations when the fuel line (new one) caught fire. Since the FI is new I'm going ahead with a stainless steel wrapped tubing for the entire fuel supply system.

Projects that are coming up are going to be a custom exhaust system utilizing a Supertrapp muffler. Saw one on YouTube and thought it looked and sounded really nice.

Hope all is well, and if you make it out to the Inland Empire in So Cal, drop me a post and I will buy you a beer.

j
1978 Westfalia- grey over black (all flat).

I'm only wearing black till they come up with something darker.