1977 Bus - Won't Start - Fuel Pump Bad?

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

James Dwan
Getting Hooked!

Post by James Dwan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 am

Didn't have a test light either. I had 1 hour to get the Bus and get to the show Inglourious Bastards (two thumbs up), then woke up and went straight to work. So at 3 today I'll be getting to the bottom of all this so I can finally do the brake job I have been putting off.

So I close the huge gap that is there now and then 1.5 turns in?
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 Super Vert
'59 23 Window Deluxe

RSorak 71Westy
IAC Addict!

Post by RSorak 71Westy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:52 pm

If I might ask how much did you have pay those idiots to mess up your bus?
Are you going back and asking for a refund?
Take care,
Rick
Stock 1600 w/dual Solex 34's and header. mildly ported heads and EMPI elephant's feet. SVDA W/pertronix. 73 Thing has been sold. BTW I am a pro wrench have been fixing cars for living for over 30 yrs.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Before you ask for a refund, ask them to what specification they set the lifters to. Let Mr. Mekanik tell you his own self. My guess it is exactly as described.

Hie thee to yon harbor freight and git y'self one o them thar timing light thingies I heared tell about. :pirate:
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....

James Dwan
Getting Hooked!

Post by James Dwan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:48 am

It's not worth the 1/2 hr of shop time to double up with the wife and kid to get to work. The Bus is fixed now. Actually he's helped me out before with parts and he just joined our VW club - so it's a bad situation.

What I don't get is how the hell he heard the noise my engine was making and didn't realize he messed it up!
'73/'77 Westfakia
'78 Super Vert
'59 23 Window Deluxe

midatlanticys
Addicted!

Post by midatlanticys » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:56 am

James Dwan wrote: What I don't get is how the hell he heard the noise my engine was making and didn't realize he messed it up!
. . . . . deaf and dumb? :pale:
"The sad thing about governments is that in every single case, government formed by the people eventually becomes so large it begins to prey upon the people who created it.” -- B. Hoover