FI 2.0 liter stall, wait, start.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

FI 2.0 liter stall, wait, start.

Post by Jivermo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:59 pm

My bus, which has been running very nicely, has done something twice that puzzles me. I have been at idle, and the engine begins to miss a bit, and then dies. Then, it will not start right away. But, if I wait a few minutes, it starts up as though nothing was ever amiss. And then it runs very well again. The action is similar to running out of gas, but I have plenty of gas, a new filter, and the pump seems OK. Any idea at what to look for? Very weird.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: FI 2.0 liter stall, wait, start.

Post by Amskeptic » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:03 am

I am so late to this thread. Any updates? What WAS making the fuel pump cut out?
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:02 pm

No update. The problem has not recurred, and the bus starts, runs and idles well. But something caused this, and I know well that it is lurking there, waiting for me to begin to relax and think all is well. Is that the nature of these infernal machines?

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:44 am

Jivermo wrote:No update. The problem has not recurred, and the bus starts, runs and idles well. But something caused this, and I know well that it is lurking there, waiting for me to begin to relax and think all is well. Is that the nature of these infernal machines?
Relaaax . . . allllll is well.
Colin :cyclopsani:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

SlowLane
IAC Addict!

Post by SlowLane » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:03 pm

Jivermo wrote:waiting for me to begin to relax and think all is well. Is that the nature of these infernal machines?
Wait, you've owned an air-cooled VW for how long, and you're only now starting to ask that question? :cherry:
'81 Canadian Westfalia (2.0L, manual), now Californiated

"They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance."
- Terry Pratchett