Pertronix III with Fuel Injection

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

slow.bus
I'm New!

Pertronix III with Fuel Injection

Post by slow.bus » Wed May 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Will the Pertronix III with work Bosch fuel injection?

Seems the earlier models are "recommended" but I am concerned with the advertised "multiple sparks" confusing the Bosch brain / Tach signal. This happened with an MSD / CDI ... but they sell a "tach adaptor" for such issues ...

Anyone have one installed? I am curious
1981 Westfalia
Dents & Dings, but no Rust

slow.bus
I'm New!

Re: Pertronix III with Fuel Injection

Post by slow.bus » Thu May 28, 2015 6:20 am

Just searched a few more sites (on after market Fuel injections systems - as my other searches came up with nothing)

Found out that Pertronix III is not compatible with the the EZ-EFI ... as it does not have a corrected Tach output ... so strong chance will not work with any normal EFI systems .
1981 Westfalia

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Thu May 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Got into the opposite corner with ElectroMotive Crank Trigger Ignition.
All the while using stock.dist&Pertronix Ignitor.

FI sig dependent on Tach sig. Electromotive had a sig booster, which I bought,I had it fire up, but decided stock dist. was hurting nothing, except my ego.MEANWHILE,Pertronix Ignitor (light trigger) and stock dist wotked fine.

Yes I tried to.stay with points,but all that was happening was I was getting good at noticing when they would be off, and adjusting/buying new mechanical breakers. That's not development.
So far Colin likes the way it runs. @nd I can depend on stock parts.Think I've logged 19 mpg highway so far this spring.
That Colin hipped me to the 911 style of timing check (at dynamic revs 3200-3400 rpm)
has been the best info.since Len Hoffman said please get your cases decked.
So even though the guy likes.points, forgive him. Save the diligence for somewhere else.

Development is fun, but for the street, returns diminish for me.

Thanks/Eric
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015
Jan/16 Bumped mixture a few notches richer. finally developing HP.

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

slow.bus
I'm New!

Post by slow.bus » Thu May 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank you.

Tinkering and development can be quickly confused ... and I do like to tinker.

I will likely go with the pertronix II or I ... just getting clarity on which one works / makes the most sense.

What's this 911 / dynamic rev timing ...? I am confused - do you mean setting timing max / all in advance?
1981 Westfalia