Bus 1 has issues...

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

71whitewesty
Getting Hooked!

Re: Bus 1 has issues...

Post by 71whitewesty » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:38 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I've put another 15 miles on it and still dry as a bone with no leaks. Still need to deal with the timing and idle drop but it's not too bad driving it around now. I'll be messing more with it but have been distracted by the sno cat and removing the pontoons for repair before winter hits. I'll keep updating this until I get it running perfect.

71whitewesty
Getting Hooked!

Re: Bus 1 has issues...

Post by 71whitewesty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:08 am

Well it's been raining and winter is coming fast around here. Still distracted with the sno cat needed some attention and snow on the way. I'm now a certified Tucker pontoon puller. It sorta like changing a wheel with a few extra steps to it.
But when the rain lets up I've been driving Bus1 locally and now have about 85 miles on it. Still dry as a bone as far as oil leaks and all I did was change the Pulley back to a stock one. It's actually running pretty good too. Still haven't changed the carb or compression tested but I'm sure the compression is good because there is plenty of power (relatively speaking). Does still have a little idle drop and mostly timing by ear cause the marks are not lining up right, but running well enough to take on a trip I think. I will play around with carb adjustments and timing some more as I drive it. Bus 1 and Bus 2 are starting snuggle up under the carport though and the new car with heated seat sits outside ready to do battle with our PNW winters.

Return to “Engine”