Bus Brake Vacuum Hose Source

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Bookwus
IAC Addict!

Bus Brake Vacuum Hose Source

Post by Bookwus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:53 am

Hiya All,

Several of us IAC types just concluded a group purchase of BelMetric 12mm braided vacuum hose. The OEM stuff used for connecting the intake manifold to the brake booster on post 70 Busses. While we did pretty well cost-wise by splitting the shipping charges, I started nosing around for alternatives.

And I found one.

Turns out that BelMetric supplies this hose to Mercedes Benz. Some the older MBs use this hose in the same fashion as our Busses. I went on down to my local Mercedes Benz dealer to check this all out. True enough, they do handle it. Mercedes Benz part number 0004852182. Sold by the meter. MB wants $24 per meter which works out to just under $8 per foot.

BelMetric sells this hose for $20 plus change per meter. But when one factors shipping into the equation it is cheaper to buy it through Mercedes Benz.

Two meters should do you (but be sure to measure out your specific needs). At $24 per meter that's $48 total for your Bus at MB. BelMetric's charge for two meters will be about $41 and shipping (to the left coast) will be about $13 for a total of $54.

Most Mercedes dealers will not have this in stock but can have it on the counter in a day or so. Shipping time from BelMetric will vary but runs about a week.

Bottom line here is that you can get it somewhat cheaper and faster at your local Mercedes Benz dealer.
I have cancer.

It does not have me.

Gypsie
rusty aircooled mekanich

Post by Gypsie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:41 am

T'anks for the info Mike.
So it all started when I wanted to get better gas mileage....