Fuel Line Check

Contribute, Battle-Scarred Repair Warriors!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

ruckman101
Lord God King Bwana

Fuel Line Check

Post by ruckman101 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:57 pm

Check your fuel line for small nicks. I put new line on our '70 ghia between the tank and the line going down the rail. A sharp enough bend that a small nick in the line opened up on me last week after about a year. A steady drip, and a pain to replace because of the tight access. Nothing like pulling off a gas line and putting a new one on, one handed, unable to see. Got 'er done though, and it appears it is still dry.

neal
The slipper has no teeth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Fuel Line Check

Post by Amskeptic » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:04 am

ruckman101 wrote:Check your fuel line for small nicks. I put new line on our '70 ghia between the tank and the line going down the rail. A sharp enough bend that a small nick in the line opened up on me last week after about a year. A steady drip, and a pain to replace because of the tight access. Nothing like pulling off a gas line and putting a new one on, one handed, unable to see. Got 'er done though, and it appears it is still dry.

neal
This small nick issue is also a deal-breaker with connecting rods and crankshaft cheeks and stud shanks. Good point. With the above, you can smooth them out and reduce stress fractures.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles