Reverse engineered teetering car ramps.!Wood!

Contribute, Battle-Scarred Repair Warriors!

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

Boxcar
Addicted!

Reverse engineered teetering car ramps.!Wood!

Post by Boxcar » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:54 pm

14194528079150.jpg
14194528079150.jpg (2.17 KiB) Viewed 10116 times
So, the before pic is missing. Picture a pile of 50s era construction debris 2by4s of various sub 8'lengths bright 16 penny nails stuck,sticking,at every conceivable angle over 20% of them.twelve maybe thirteen pcs. Hardened pitch. Wants to split if looked at. Venerable doug fir though..OH and the customer I worked t&m for for a few wEEks was pleased that I made them disappear.Hes a nice guy, normally I never take old wood for free.
So firewood right? Thought that. Though it would be for my buddies burn pile..mmeh. Then AH ha moment.
Since I am trying to carve out a new place to pull wrenches..and I had mere lukewarm results getting the Craftsman steel two pc ramps to play nicely with both my cars.... "Teetering drive on inspection ramps "I SAID
Actually the teetering occurs when I culled the good part of the wood, roughly layed out two each. Then remembered a design from the Norton Club for teetering mocycle gurney. Then the rest was history.
I used2"x 7/16" air staples ( the only way to fasten scrap :-).
They are cobby. I ran out of wood. Threw in one 2b6 cause of previous sentence.I had some new 2b4b8 but this was about burning...or not burning culled waste wood. Incomplete,yet symmetrical.bootiful.And what a pleasure to roll up on. :cheers: The bus auto trans will love it.
It gets the tires about seven inches off the ground.
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015
Jan/16 Bumped mixture a few notches richer. finally developing HP.

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Jivermo
IAC Addict!

Re: Reverse engineered teetering car ramps.!Wood!

Post by Jivermo » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I am understanding very little of this, but I do so enjoy your free association style.

kreemoweet
Getting Hooked!

Post by kreemoweet » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 pm

I can just barely discern something made out of wood in that tiny, tiny picture, but it all sounds good! Half my world is made out of scrap lumber.

asiab3
IAC Addict!

Post by asiab3 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:34 am

While the picture is small, I can make out the shape and function. I love nothing more than free projects from scrap. Though the real test would have been to use scrap fasteners too. I guess the nail gun must have been fun though… :geek:

Like all made at home tools, I'm glad it works for you and I'm sure it will inspire others. We could all be a little more self-sufficient, no?

Robbie
1969 bus, "Buddy."
145k miles with me.
322k miles on Earth.

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:54 am

asiab3 wrote:While the picture is small, I can make out the shape and function. I love nothing more than free projects from scrap. Though the real test would have been to use scrap fasteners too. I guess the nail gun must have been fun though… :geek:

Like all made at home tools, I'm glad it works for you and I'm sure it will inspire others. We could all be a little more self-sufficient, no?

Robbie
Aww, you tool-crazed bourgeous suburbanites . . . .
I drive onto curbs or loading ramps until a wheel leaves the ground. :blackeye:
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Big respect all.

I am a master wood butcher.

Fast fastening with galvanized rosin coated whatEver is MY GAME.

Though the 22 ways to do anything still exist...fastening old DF scrap..cant be migged or tigged or sticked..yeay yes a a primordial pot of resin + 20k years or a Senco Air Stapler RIGHT NOW. Any gatherer of dunnage would agree.
Thankyou for your looks. The ramps are sweet. The 944 has happily reversed onto them. The Westy with its soft auto trans reverse circuit should be lovin it!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)
New thermostat & 3500 mile valve check coming up!
Again thanks for your looks. My friend rembered them being called "teeter jacks"
Happy Trails, or in Colin's case, curbs or Loading Ramps ;)))
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015

1.8L/LJet/Pertron DVDA+PertronixCompufire 42/36Ham Heads/AA 93mm pistons/barrels.Porsc.Swiv.Adjusters/CromoSteel pushrds/ Web 9550Cam/55cc chmbr.,035 squish,8.6:1CR/German Supply VWCanadaReman Rods/Schadek 26mmPump/vdo dualOP8/10#low sender/Quart Deep Sump
Backdate Htr bxs,reflanged 914 4into1. Two and three eighths inch collector,magniflow*muffler

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:50 am

=D> Also, back dated inspirational credit to Ratwell. I just saw, what I must have seen at least once before.
His home built wooden ramps must have been on his page, since I first looked there ten years ago.
Though the iteration I cobbled teeter, I think all these ramps could be attributed to Archimedes,(inclined plane).With everyman carpenter skills
weighing in over ensuing centuries, probably have to tip the hat to Jesus,Paul Bunion,and Norm. =D>
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:52 pm

Boxcar wrote:With everyman carpenter skills weighing in over ensuing centuries, probably have to tip the hat to Jesus,Paul Bunion,and Norm. =D>
FINE! Tip your hat to flash in the pan temporary little humans.
Shout out to BigMightyRains and PlanetEarthErosion for my ramps, nice job Big Creator:
Colin :drunken:

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 am

Cmon. There is a back hoe parked just off frame!
Nice,only you had to drive 22000 miles to find the inspection pit of the Gods.
Be where you are I say..and last I read there was a sprawl of trans and engine in a, um, well...Garage. Though one in phase with digit friendly F°or C°digits.ha good for you.

Even with teetering convenience,temps hold trump card.
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Post by Amskeptic » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:10 am

Boxcar wrote:Cmon. There is a back hoe parked just off frame!
Nice,only you had to drive 22000 miles to find the inspection pit of the Gods.
Be where you are I say..and last I read there was a sprawl of trans and engine in a, um, well...Garage. Though one in phase with digit friendly F°or C°digits.ha good for you.

Even with teetering convenience,temps hold trump card.
Yes, now I have engine out AGAIN. Hideous oil leak on test drive of rebuilt transaxle. Yanked engine in a good hurry, pulled flywheel, omg, o-ring got pinched into mangled mess, fished old one out of trash, cleaned it, washed the oil off of everything, will report if I vanquished this latest goad from the Universe.

The angels and God Himself laugh at me as I curse the cold, "Fine! You frosty little goody two shoes flitting about in Heaven's cold misty clouds, I'D RATHER GO TO HELL where it is warm."
We'll see about that.
Colin :angel13:

Boxcar
Addicted!

Post by Boxcar » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:23 am

Bwahahah. Excellent o ring triage, while smithing a clever word or two..and save a space in diablo's boiler room if you arrive early
1975 003 Auto Westy L90D

repair!!!!aug2015