1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Find/Fix/Report Back

Moderators: Amskeptic, Sluggo

Post Reply
User avatar
wcfvw69
Old School!
Status: Offline

1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Post by wcfvw69 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:13 pm

During Colin's visit in August, we found my throttle positioner didn't work on my stock 69 convertible engine. I finally got to it to repair it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 09#7826109
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

User avatar
asiab3
IAC Addict!
Location: San Diego, CA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: 1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Post by asiab3 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Very nice! I've actually had a draft of what they do on my hard drive for a while. I supposed I should post it for picking-apart and publication. (Speaking of picking apart, they reduce Hydrocarbons (HC) not NOx...)

Robbie :blackeye:
1969 bus, "Buddy."
100k miles with me.
279k miles on Earth.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:20 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:During Colin's visit in August, we found my throttle positioner didn't work on my stock 69 convertible engine. I finally got to it to repair it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 09#7826109
Post the article here. We deserve the traffic. As a matter of fact, I will delete this thread, since it is not really troubleshooting.
I will ask that you post it in the Fuel Delivery Forum.
With a little more how-to formality (and the HC reduction noted not NOX), we can make it a sticky.
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

User avatar
wcfvw69
Old School!
Status: Offline

Re: 1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Post by wcfvw69 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:38 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:During Colin's visit in August, we found my throttle positioner didn't work on my stock 69 convertible engine. I finally got to it to repair it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 09#7826109
Post the article here. We deserve the traffic. As a matter of fact, I will delete this thread, since it is not really troubleshooting.
I will ask that you post it in the Fuel Delivery Forum.
With a little more how-to formality (and the HC reduction noted not NOX), we can make it a sticky.
Colin
I'm not following ya mister? Where do you want me to post it?
1970 Westfalia bus. Stock 1776 dual port type 1 engine. Restored German Solex 34-3. Restored 205Q distributor, restored to factory appearance engine.

User avatar
Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"
Status: Offline

Re: 1968-69 throttle positioner disassembly/repair

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:46 pm

wcfvw69 wrote:
Amskeptic wrote:
wcfvw69 wrote:During Colin's visit in August, we found my throttle positioner didn't work on my stock 69 convertible engine. I finally got to it to repair it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... 09#7826109
Post the article here. We deserve the traffic. As a matter of fact, I will delete this thread, since it is not really troubleshooting.
I will ask that you post it in the Fuel Delivery Forum.
With a little more how-to formality (and the HC reduction noted not NOX), we can make it a sticky.
Colin
I'm not following ya mister? Where do you want me to post it?
Post the entire article-with-pictures here > on the Itinerant Air-Cooled site in the Fuel Delivery Forum.
If it has a how-to aspect, we can keep at the top (sticky).
Colin
BobD - 1978 Bus . . . . . . . . . . .111,130 miles
Chloe - 1970 bus . . . . . . . . . . . 206,787 miles
Naranja - 1977 Westfalia . . . . . 94,615 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . 55,510 miles
Alexus - 1991 Lexus LS400 . . . 72,990 miles

Post Reply