Speaking of the growing curve

Keep it clean, children may be present.

Moderators: Sluggo, Amskeptic

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Speaking of the growing curve

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:07 pm

I was around the 25,000 member in Samba 2 years ago, now they have 75000 members. There seems to be a worry about if we'll get big. I think the worry should be how to do things when we are big, cause it's gonna happen and it'll happen quick. It's like the small towns just outside the rim of Chicago's suburb, they are very careful about controlling their zoning and growth. I'm not sure what my point is other than pointing out that, "Hey, the tsunami's coming!".

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:10 pm

wish I could say something interesting but I am just an addict. :geek: :pukeleft:
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

chitwnvw
Resident Troublemaker

Post by chitwnvw » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:01 pm

Gotta get off this stuff before it happens to me...cause soon there'll be hoards of IAC addicts and we'll be offin' each other with shanks and whatnot. To get the good stuff. :drinkers:

:-s

Besides doing homework with the kids and getting them off to bed, spent the night degreasing part, with no luck unlocking this selenoid. Thinking about taking it over to one of these places on Clark street...getting of track, gotta do another hit. :weedman: That's the trick. Colin's the man. :sunny: :headbang:

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Post by spiffy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:15 pm

chitwnvw wrote:Gotta get off this stuff before it happens to me...cause soon there'll be hoards of IAC addicts and we'll be offin' each other with shanks and whatnot. To get the good stuff. :drinkers:

:-s

Besides doing homework with the kids and getting them off to bed, spent the night degreasing part, with no luck unlocking this selenoid. Thinking about taking it over to one of these places on Clark street...getting of track, gotta do another hit. :weedman: That's the trick. Colin's the man. :sunny: :headbang:
LOL.. I hear ya...right now I am watching our two cats go crazy chasing a red dot from a lazer level....funny!!!! ( I almost feel bad because they NEVER catch it!)
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"

Amskeptic
IAC "Help Desk"
IAC "Help Desk"

Re: Speaking of the growing curve

Post by Amskeptic » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:47 am

chitwnvw wrote:I was around the 25,000 member in Samba 2 years ago, now they have 75000 members. There seems to be a worry about if we'll get big. I think the worry should be how to do things when we are big, cause it's gonna happen and it'll happen quick. It's like the small towns just outside the rim of Chicago's suburb, they are very careful about controlling their zoning and growth. I'm not sure what my point is other than pointing out that, "Hey, the tsunami's coming!".
Zoning can be enlightened. . . . or not. So can moderating. As it grows, we will have very highly trained moderators who know how to keep a good discussion on track. Just like VW had the highest number of quality control inspectors of any major car company.
Colin
BobD - 78 Bus . . . 112,730 miles
Chloe - 70 bus . . . 217,593 miles
Naranja - 77 Westy . . . 142,970 miles
Pluck - 1973 Squareback . . . . . . 55,600 miles
Alexus - 91 Lexus LS400 . . . 96,675 miles

spiffy
IAC Addict!

Re: Speaking of the growing curve

Post by spiffy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Amskeptic wrote:
chitwnvw wrote:I was around the 25,000 member in Samba 2 years ago, now they have 75000 members. There seems to be a worry about if we'll get big. I think the worry should be how to do things when we are big, cause it's gonna happen and it'll happen quick. It's like the small towns just outside the rim of Chicago's suburb, they are very careful about controlling their zoning and growth. I'm not sure what my point is other than pointing out that, "Hey, the tsunami's coming!".
Zoning can be enlightened. . . . or not. So can moderating. As it grows, we will have very highly trained moderators who know how to keep a good discussion on track. Just like VW had the highest number of quality control inspectors of any major car company.
Colin

:downtown: please don't inspect our chassis though 8-[
78 Riviera "Spiffy"
67 Riviera "Bill"